The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 8th April 2019
  #44221
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
So... once upon a time this thread was occasionally visited by a mongo cool guy who went by the handle FarWestWrenchCo. Thankfully, Wrench and I have stayed in touch off and on over the years. Recently, I received a package from Wrench, whose home base is Western Australia. In it were three CDs recently released by he and his co-conspirator under the name "Mister and Sunbird." One is mine. One I have passed on to a 14-year-old jazz guitar phenom I have the privilege of knowing. The third, though, I will give away to the first person here who asks for it. It's a tour de force of epic jazzy bluesy tunes and in-your-face musicianship. As a bonus it's got a lot of funky artwork and some anatomy lessons.

First Come... First Serve.
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-misterandsunbird.jpg  
Old 8th April 2019
  #44222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
I played it for my whole 20th Century World Class! It was a hit.. and a great tone-setter for our discussion of WWII.
Cool
Thanks for sharing
Old 11th April 2019
  #44223
Hey, it hasn't changed much here!

I know this has nothing to do with giving things away, more to do with a crazy idea that might get me zapped really good...

How do y'all think a British/American hybrid amp would sound? I'm planning on building a tube amp that's set up like a stereo amp with the British design as the left channel and American as the right, but summed to mono since it's a guitar amp.

Thoughts?
Old 11th April 2019
  #44224
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissmichaels View Post
Hey, it hasn't changed much here!

I know this has nothing to do with giving things away, more to do with a crazy idea that might get me zapped really good...

How do y'all think a British/American hybrid amp would sound? I'm planning on building a tube amp that's set up like a stereo amp with the British design as the left channel and American as the right, but summed to mono since it's a guitar amp.

Thoughts?
You mean like the morph control on the Blackstar amps where you can morph the sound from Mesa to Marshall?

As far as separate channels, the Schecter Hellraiser has it, but what disappointed me was that it was only on the clean/rhythm channel. I'd love to have an amp that could be switched from Mesa Bark to Marshall Bite.
Old 11th April 2019
  #44225
Lives for gear
Chris Prutcher has built me a BA37 tube mic and is now looking for a cheap power supply for him to "upgrade" for it. He usually uses an Alctron TPS100 type, like what comes with Apex 460 etc etc.

Does anyone have a broken or surplus one they don't want?
Old 11th April 2019
  #44226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
You mean like the morph control on the Blackstar amps where you can morph the sound from Mesa to Marshall?

As far as separate channels, the Schecter Hellraiser has it, but what disappointed me was that it was only on the clean/rhythm channel. I'd love to have an amp that could be switched from Mesa Bark to Marshall Bite.
Not really morphing, more being able to choose between the two or having both at the same time. I've been out of the amp game for a long while, so I haven't kept up with a lot, but if there's something already available, then building it should just be a matter of wiring...haha

Now that you mention it, a blend knob would be a great addition, but my plan was to have a mono amp ran on rectifiers after the output of the stereo amp and have a relay that shuts that amp off when both sides of the stereo amp are on. The goal was to keep around 50w-75w on output, and the mono amp was to be that regulator.

I've still got a couple of other projects to work on before I can start on that, anyway. There's a batch of guitar volume/tone knobs on the 3d printer as we speak...haha
Old 15th April 2019
  #44227
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
Did I mention just how fabulous FarWestWrenchCo's new CD is? It's also the most elaborate CD package/book I have ever seen.
Old 15th April 2019
  #44228
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
Did I mention just how fabulous FarWestWrenchCo's new CD is? It's also the most elaborate CD package/book I have ever seen.
In the spirit of Johnny Carson: "How fabulous is it?"
Old 17th April 2019
  #44229
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
In the spirit of Johnny Carson: "How fabulous is it?"
It's a fabulous dress, on a fabulous dame, who has a fabulous walk.
Old 17th April 2019
  #44230
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissmichaels View Post
Not really morphing, more being able to choose between the two or having both at the same time.
That's the feature on the Blackstar he described only I wouldn't describe it as Mesa/Marshall exactly. To me it's more like Fender or California preamp gain (counter clockwise) and Marshall or Brit power tube (clockwise) and in the middle both.
Old 17th April 2019
  #44231
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
It's a fabulous dress, on a fabulous dame, who has a fabulous walk.

Wow, that's...well...fabulous!
Old 19th April 2019
  #44232
Here for the gear
 
mama zen's Avatar
 

Hello Slutz

We have compiled a beautiful 40-song album as a tribute to Robinson Eikenberry / Raw Bean Zen. This forum meant the world to him, and if you'd like to hear the outpouring of love, see some his beautiful artwork, and photos of him at work and play, go to robinsoneikenberry.com . Price includes US postage.

Love to you all... mama zen
Old 20th April 2019
  #44233
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama zen View Post
Hello Slutz

We have compiled a beautiful 40-song album as a tribute to Robinson Eikenberry / Raw Bean Zen. This forum meant the world to him, and if you'd like to hear the outpouring of love, see some his beautiful artwork, and photos of him at work and play, go to robinsoneikenberry.com . Price includes US postage.

Love to you all... mama zen
Excellent!
Old 23rd April 2019
  #44234
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama zen View Post
Hello Slutz

We have compiled a beautiful 40-song album as a tribute to Robinson Eikenberry / Raw Bean Zen. This forum meant the world to him, and if you'd like to hear the outpouring of love, see some his beautiful artwork, and photos of him at work and play, go to robinsoneikenberry.com . Price includes US postage.

Love to you all... mama zen
Mama Zen. Thank you so much for sharing this. It has made my day.
Old 23rd April 2019
  #44235
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama zen View Post
Love to you all... mama zen
Old 24th April 2019
  #44236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama zen View Post
Hello Slutz

We have compiled a beautiful 40-song album as a tribute to Robinson Eikenberry / Raw Bean Zen.

Love to you all... mama zen

Amazing!

Old 26th April 2019
  #44237
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
I'm listening to it right now. It's beautiful.
https://robinsoneikenberry.com/
Old 29th April 2019
  #44238
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Here's something that I did with my friend from Germany, Chris Spruit, Chris sings with an outfit called Blue Attitude but every once in a while she sits down at her piano and gets mellow with Lenny.

I wrote the verses and Chris wrote the chorus. She also did the arrangement.

It's called.......

Goodbye Winter Blue
https://soundcloud.com/leonardscaper/winter-blue
Old 2nd May 2019
  #44239
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
This sounds great, my old friend!
Old 2nd May 2019
  #44240
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Thanks, Professor.

Old 8th May 2019
  #44241
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
So... once upon a time this thread was occasionally visited by a mongo cool guy who went by the handle FarWestWrenchCo. Thankfully, Wrench and I have stayed in touch off and on over the years. Recently, I received a package from Wrench, whose home base is Western Australia. In it were three CDs recently released by he and his co-conspirator under the name "Mister and Sunbird." One is mine. One I have passed on to a 14-year-old jazz guitar phenom I have the privilege of knowing. The third, though, I will give away to the first person here who asks for it. It's a tour de force of epic jazzy bluesy tunes and in-your-face musicianship. As a bonus it's got a lot of funky artwork and some anatomy lessons.

First Come... First Serve.

I'm so glad to hear Mr Lawrence is around and doing well!
He played piano on a song on my record way back when (and RawBeanZen mixed it!) and I adore his performance. Was just thinking of him the other day.
Old 9th May 2019
  #44242
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Happy Drummers...really fun to watch:

https://youtu.be/a9kPfelTEds

https://youtu.be/6DVbt5W-DNc
Old 13th May 2019
  #44243
Lives for gear
 
BudgetMC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
Happy Drummers...really fun to watch:

https://youtu.be/a9kPfelTEds

https://youtu.be/6DVbt5W-DNc

First guy's got style.

Second guy is a legend.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44244
Lives for gear
 
shatz's Avatar
And playing off the drummers posts....

I have an unregistered license for the Terry Date Expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums 4/5 if anyone is interested.
Just reply to this post with your favorite drummer and I’ll randomly pick a winner after a couple days.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44245
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
And playing off the drummers posts....

I have an unregistered license for the Terry Date Expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums 4/5 if anyone is interested.
Just reply to this post with your favorite drummer and I’ll randomly pick a winner after a couple days.
....as the beat goes on!



Hey foxwaves!!!!!

STELLA!!!!!

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...ongID=13875045
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44246
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
....as the beat goes on!



Hey foxwaves!!!!!

STELLA!!!!!

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...ongID=13875045

Greetings, Unc! Stella is in fine form on your lovely song. I always appreciate the way you allow her to ring and give time for the listener to savor the tasty tones. Your skillful use of silence is refreshing and I need to learn from that.

The song builds just right, and the message is a good one, too. Your voice suits the song perfectly and has just the right amount of presence. I know the music market is super-saturated, but you and Stella are right up there with the best in my opinion.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44247
Lives for gear
 
Unclenny's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
I know the music market is super-saturated
Thank you, my friend....got me chuckling about the music market, though.

I'd have to put the band back together for that (Lenny and The Scapers) and they don't get along with each other very well these days.

Definitely keeping Stella out of her case for a while now.

Old 4 weeks ago
  #44248
Lives for gear
 
foxwaves's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Thank you, my friend....got me chuckling about the music market, though.

I'd have to put the band back together for that (Lenny and The Scapers) and they don't get along with each other very well these days.

Definitely keeping Stella out of her case for a while now.

Good, Stella deserves it . You and her are good together.

For some reason, that reminds me of a very old grinner:

A married couple had been having difficulties, and went to counseling. The councilor suggested they start going out twice a week and the couple agreed. Now he goes on Fridays and she goes on Saturdays.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44249
Hi again, folks
I thought I'd share the latest collaboration I've done with my friends in the USA and Scotland.
I do again apologize as this isn't the kind of music usually shared here
The video is made by James Griffiths (our guitarist) from animation movies he's found on the web, and edited to the music.
All the best.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #44250
I know it's probably crass and crude to ask for something here but...my adult son who lives over 200 miles from me has a rare form of Stage IV endocrine based cancer. In his spare time, to distract himself from the pain, he's been messing around with an old keyboard I gave him and he wants to try writing and singing and recording something with the little time he has left. I'm giving him one of my mics but don't have an extra preamp to give him. So...does anybody have a cheap working pre with phantom power. AN ART Tube MP thing stored in a closet or a Behringer or something you don't need or use? We would both be very grateful for your kindness and generosity.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
RawBeanZen / So Much Gear, So Little Time
2
tone / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
3
Jon Best / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump