The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 5th January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
"...ever again" is pretty absolute! Your wife *will* get another job and you guys *will* be fine thumbsup

In the meantime, raise your rates some and find a local studio to partner with. I'm sure the studio would love the business and you can utilize their gear. Sure you'll have to work out an arrangement but it might work out better for you in the long run because you'll have access to more gear, and a studio space, and that may bring you more work and it'll benefit the studio you partner with as well. Heck... partner with different studios that have different price levels so you can accommodate bands with different budgets.

Just a thought! heh Trying to brainstorm here stike
that would be a great Idea..BUT..Where I live..Bay city MI. There are no studios..except guys with fruity loops making beats...Thats whay I used to get clients cuz I was the only one around that could record a band..plus I was pretty good at mixing....Ill get back up there though....Ido still have my acoustic guitar and bass!!lol
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Good Morninz & to all the new additions to GS as well as this thread, "WELCOME TO GEARSNEYLAND"...

& to "Gearaddict", Hey much much prayers go out to you & your fam man; Things will be good for you because when u sacrifice material things especially for family, don't complain, keep faith up, nuthin but good can come from that...(& along with staying with this thread, U really never know)
Old 5th January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS View Post
Good Morninz & to all the new additions to GS as well as this thread, "WELCOME TO GEARSNEYLAND"...

& to "Gearaddict", Hey much much prayers go out to you & your fam man; Things will be good for you because when u sacrifice material things especially for family, don't complain, keep faith up, nuthin but good can come from that...(& along with staying with this thread, U really never know)
Thanks for the kind words.....Everything will be cool..I just tuned my guitar and am actually thinking about playing it!!!!!...First I need to stay off GS...man I Sware I read on here untill my eyes cant take it anymore...I love the things I learn from everyone....
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearaddict View Post
I would love any help I can get...I had to sell off all my gear to pay to get into a new house cuz they sold the one me and my family were living in...some of you might remember me...I had to sell my 003, and traded my grace for a mbox1 and a few bucks...I am working with almost nothing now....It bums me out so bad thateverything is goan..the problem is..like my wife said..I will probably never be able to buy that stuff again..oh well my kids have a roof over their head so I cant complain!!!!...please just keep me in mind...Thanks to everyone...I love this site!!!
I feel your pain, man. My wife lost her job a couple weeks ago after only being back a couple weeks after her return from maternity leave. Nice folks huh?! It's going to be rough, but we'll make it through, as I'm sure you will too.

Anyway, if a like new MXL V67G mic would help, let me know and I'll send it to you. It ain't much, but it works!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalvoodoo View Post
I feel your pain man. My wife lost her job a couple weeks ago, after being back for a couple weeks after returning from maternity leave. Nice folks huh?! It's going to be rough, but we'll make it through, as I'm sure you will too.

Anyway, if a like new MXL V67G mic would help, let me know and I'll send it to you. It ain't much, but it works!
Right on, Josh!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.....
No prob man; (i'm singing) "THAT'S WHAT SLUTZ ARE FOOOOURRR"

Quote:
I need to stay off GS
(picture me sayin this in a "Dave Chappelle" like voice) "U CAIN'T-U CAIN'T!!!

heh
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

I haven't gone through the studio looking for unused gear... yet. However, would some free mixing or tracking help anyone out? Lemme know...
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Nice job Josh! Just a little bit more magic from this thread!
Much or not I'm sure it would help!

Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

On my way to the Post office to send out Old Goats EMU 1820. Sorry it's taken so long.

On a side note...

I've several times offered up to anyone in the Milwaukee area to shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in custom ear products (in ear molds, or custom ear plugs...) The offer will always stand. To reitterate, I'll get them to you at cost, but you can't devulge to anyone what they cost you, as there are people trying to make a living selling these. You have to be local, in order to have the molds made.

Since no one has taken me up on this, allow me to broaden the scope. If any of you have older family members in the Milwaukee area who are in need of hearing aids but can't afford them, I'll help them out, again at cost. (the owner probably wouldn't be too happy if I don't cover the red) Shoot me a pm. As this is a considerably more significant contribution than the ear plugs, I will have to limit this offer to the first (if any) who contacts me, and as always, the deal you/they get stays between us. tutt

Take care all, and allow me to say that the number of new people contributing to this thread is really awesome. Keep it up guys! thumbsupheh
Old 5th January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocalvoodoo View Post
I feel your pain, man. My wife lost her job a couple weeks ago after only being back a couple weeks after her return from maternity leave. Nice folks huh?! It's going to be rough, but we'll make it through, as I'm sure you will too.

Bless you,,,that would be so kind of you..it would be one less problem to solve...oh and sorry about you wife....my wife was laid off for six months befor seh wnt back for a 2 weeks and got the boot!!!Ill pm you!!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
thumbsup olivia_nb for president!
Thank you! Thank you! I humbly accept your nomination to run for president. I would like to appoint RawBeanZen to the cabinet position of Secretary of Smilies. heh
Everyone who reads this thread and everyone who will yet read this thread are appointed as Ministers of Peace in the Dept of Love. (just don't tell the ones who haven't read this yet, let it be a surprise when they wake up and find they have the power to spread love in this world)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
Abso-freakin-lutely.

The simple fact is that without Jeremy, none of this would be happening.
You da man! I had no idea what I was doing when I was doing what I did... ???
I'm glad it occurred to you to take it to the next logical step. And by you I mean ALL of YOU!!!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Hey gearaddict-
I've got a presonus bluetube DP mic pre (two channel) that i bought a few years ago but never ended up using. it's yours if you'd like it.
Old 5th January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpianomn View Post
Hey gearaddict-
I've got a presonus bluetube DP mic pre (two channel) that i bought a few years ago but never ended up using. it's yours if you'd like it.
WOW...I cant belive how thoughtfull every one is....I would love to have it...You guy's dont know how much this means to me!!!!

When I get back on my feet, I will be heere to give!!!

I gave out a few recording books a while back on here,, I know it was not much but It was all I had!!!

Thanks so much...I am so excited!!!!!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
WOW...I cant belive how thoughtfull every one is....
Old 5th January 2009
Gear nut

any chance anyone has any old monitors laying around they could part with? right now im tracking and mixing with some altec lansing computer speakers. while they may be good computer speakers, there's nothing like some monitors. I have some books I could trade, or a couple rack mounts I could part with or something. that would be excellent!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for beer

Gadzooks! I can't keep up with all the goodness that's going on around here!!!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for beer

Yeah, not the best place to hang out when you're short on scratch for gear! But, like others have said, hang in there. I'm old enough to have been through a few downturns like this one. It will come to an end, and things will get better.

Quote:
First I need to stay off GS...man I Sware I read on here untill my eyes cant take it anymore...I love the things I learn from everyone....
Old 5th January 2009
kit
Gear addict

Old 5th January 2009
Gear Addict

Anybody want an...

Alesis Micro-Limiter...fully functioning...WITH wallwart...fun little box for anyone who wants a cool little Limiter...great on drums...anyone? Bueller? V-O-O-economics? Anyone?
Old 5th January 2009
Gear nut

Big Al is taking home the snake. I sure hope he feeds it well... Take care all!
Old 5th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykstraster@gmai View Post
If any of you have older family members in the Milwaukee area who are in need of hearing aids but can't afford them, I'll help them out, again at cost. (the owner probably wouldn't be too happy if I don't cover the red) Shoot me a pm. As this is a considerably more significant contribution than the ear plugs, I will have to limit this offer to the first (if any) who contacts me, and as always, the deal you/they get stays between us. tutt
Very cool
Old 5th January 2009
Gear nut

MOAR FREE GEAR and talking of course
Old 5th January 2009
Gear maniac

the studio project C1 is on the way for his new home! I hope synthdude will like it like the one someone stole from him

-Benoit
Old 5th January 2009
Gear Addict

the addict

gearaddict gets the Alesis...there was a rumor that Albini loved this box...but then again, not alot of people like his stuff...so! Anyway...off it goes!
Old 6th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykstraster@gmai View Post
On my way to the Post office to send out Old Goats EMU 1820. Sorry it's taken so long.

On a side note...

I've several times offered up to anyone in the Milwaukee area to shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in custom ear products (in ear molds, or custom ear plugs...) The offer will always stand. To reitterate, I'll get them to you at cost, but you can't devulge to anyone what they cost you, as there are people trying to make a living selling these. You have to be local, in order to have the molds made.

Since no one has taken me up on this, allow me to broaden the scope. If any of you have older family members in the Milwaukee area who are in need of hearing aids but can't afford them, I'll help them out, again at cost. (the owner probably wouldn't be too happy if I don't cover the red) Shoot me a pm. As this is a considerably more significant contribution than the ear plugs, I will have to limit this offer to the first (if any) who contacts me, and as always, the deal you/they get stays between us. tutt

Take care all, and allow me to say that the number of new people contributing to this thread is really awesome. Keep it up guys!

Oh, goodie! It'll be like another Christmas!

Very cool offer for the plugs, man, almost wish I lived in the area. Almost.
Old 6th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
I would like to appoint RawBeanZen to the cabinet position of Secretary of Smilies.
I accept.

I was born to hurl emoticons around with shameless abandon for the greater good, was I not?!

Old 6th January 2009

I want to thank everone that helped me out...It is very kind of you and ....well i just dont know what to say man.....Thank you.

I will be fine now until things get better ..so I will not ask for anything more...there are other people in need....Thanks again guy's....I will be back here to help out when I get back on my feet!!!!!thumbsup
Old 6th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I want to thank everone that helped me out...It is very kind of you and ....well i just dont know what to say man.....Thank you.

I will be fine now until things get better ..so I will not ask for anything more...there are other people in need....Thanks again guy's....I will be back here to help out when I get back on my feet!!!!!thumbsup
We'll be here to cheer!
Old 6th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
Pecans!
i love these things: )~
i will ship a bag us post priority mail to someone, who?
we will let RawBeanZen decide.
post some dish recipes you would use these in, or, possibly dish's you like that use them.
Old Goat, enjoy those pecans!

You win.

Old 6th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search