The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More free stuff....let's do it again! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th April 2012
So I guess Equalizer wins the preamp...

And Chriss wins the effects book...

And sorry about the rules of my trivia being confusing. Just leave it to me to make the rules of trivia confusing...

Anyway, congrats ch'all. Send me your deets to receive the sweets!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Lenny is smiling....

.....as the beat.....
Old 5th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Lenny is smiling....

.....as the beat.....

Haha. Just noticed "gearslutz" in your Soundclick tags.

Wait, did you take the drums out?
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Got those drums sounding just right....finally.

Took hours of grinding before I finally figured out what the song needed.

Gotta be ruthless sometimes.
Old 5th April 2012
Quote:
Got those drums sounding just right....finally.

Quote:
Gotta be ruthless sometimes.
Indeed. "Kill your darlings" is some of the greatest creative advice I ever got. But hey, it's hard to have perspective about stuff we're so close to.
Old 5th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiesears View Post
I have a new Art Pro Channel preamp that I am looking to trade for a used Platinum Voicemaster PRO or something similar. Can anyone help me?? Please let me know. Thanks to Vixen2yall for hooking me up with the Art Pro Channel.
Having deja vu...
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for beer

Good Morning, Good People!!!
Old 5th April 2012
Bit Farmers Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
Good Morning, Good People!!!
Good afternoon to you, dear sir! And good afternoon to the rest of the slutz round bout these here parts o' da net! It's flipping cold out side! So I'm finding other things to amuse me. *shutters* (house work)

Had a chance to gab at the fence with the neighbor... Got hug mugged by her young one... Life is good... Would have played our favorite game of chase me, but my hip said not today. Maybe we'll tool around the parking lot on the bike after he's back up from his nap...

Hope everyones having a great day!

peace
kat
Old 5th April 2012
FedEx tried to deliver the mic stand this morning. I had passed out on the couch last night at about 4 in the morning after waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. In my defense, I thought it was that Orkin (the termite knocking on the door) commercial playing on the television...

Last edited by crissmichaels; 6th April 2012 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: sleep-induced error
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lenny is smiling....

.....as the beat.....
…goes on !!! Love your last one Lenny, and what a drum sound !!! heh

Hi to everybody !
I've been quite absent these last times because of a huge amount to do at my daywork (teacher, you remember ?), a gig last week, some golf challenge to organize… but it's rather cool now, even if not completely finish…

I'll try to pass here everyday now !!!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Colonel, I was just thinking about you!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
Hi Colonel, I was just thinking about you!
Thanks RawBe ! Hope you're at your best !!!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Update!

My friend Jeremy, the man without whom this thread wouldn't exist in the first place, is offering a virtually unused SM57 as a 2nd place prize.

Anyone else want in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
I just learned that March 31st was World Backup Day. So, here's a giveaway for the negligent and the neglectful!

Are you currently without a proper backup system?

Do you have a bunch of precious data that you'd be heartbroken to lose?

Are you willing to change your ways and start backing up regularly?

If so, there's a brand new Glyph GT 050Q 1 TB external hard drive here that just might have your name on it.

1) Please tell us, here on the thread, if you were a musical instrument which one you'd be and why.

2) Please include a number between 1 and 500 in your post, and title it "Glyph".
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blues View Post
…goes on !!!

Old 5th April 2012
Bit Farmers Wife

Wow, sweetner! Ace Jeremy and RBZ

Got invited to friends for the weekend so now we're planning the route... You wouldn't think 40 miles would be much these days, but when your the motor.... Oh I so excited! heh

Happy days!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

I give up.

Hope all is well with you all. Continue doing what you are doing and spreading the love that you are spreading.

I am more than likely selling off all my studio stuff. I may come back on and tell you what I have available.

I also may come back when I have better health. It is time for me to start over. I have been playing with this voice over thing way too long without results mostly due to problems with my health. Sometimes we refuse to listen to messages that are being sent.

I will one day find a place where I fit in. Thank you all for all the many wonderful things you have given me. I hope one day to pay it forward somewhere.

Take care my friends.

PEACE, Love and Bobby Sherman.

Old 5th April 2012
Gear nut

Glyph

I'd be 1 Minimoog Voyager XL. Why? Cause then I'll have tons of features and sounds so I won't bore myself to death and everyone'll want me

Actually I'd rather have the SM57 but whatever I get is good
Old 5th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceactor View Post
I give up.

Hope all is well with you all. Continue doing what you are doing and spreading the love that you are spreading.

I am more than likely selling off all my studio stuff. I may come back on and tell you what I have available.

I also may come back when I have better health. It is time for me to start over. I have been playing with this voice over thing way too long without results mostly due to problems with my health. Sometimes we refuse to listen to messages that are being sent.

I will one day find a place where I fit in. Thank you all for all the many wonderful things you have given me. I hope one day to pay it forward somewhere.

Take care my friends.

Wha?!?

It is always sad to see a fellow slut lose the faith. Having said that, I completely understand.

My $.02: just make sure you are certain about your decision, and that you've thought it over alot and your feelings are consistent on the matter.

But of course you've probably done that.

Anyway, if you ever need anything, you know where to find me.

Cheers and godspeed in your travels,
LimpyLoo
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I give up.

Take care my friends.

Don't ever tell yourself you are giving up. It can be fatal. Say rather that you are changing direction, seeking new opportunities.

A lot going on around here, mostly stress. Don't know what I'd do without Rosie.
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
Don't ever tell yourself you are giving up. It can be fatal. Say rather that you are changing direction, seeking new opportunities.

A lot going on around here, mostly stress. Don't know what I'd do without Rosie.
What Goat Said! Well, without the Rosie thing.

Really, man. Never give up.
Old 6th April 2012
voiceactor

Never give up, if it's in your heart. Perhaps you may just have to adapt or follow pastures greener. Or maybe you just need a long term break. Just don't call it giving up. You've tried and to me, that's success.

Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I give up.

Take care my friends.

Greg, I think we all hope you won't go, but if you really need to the best of luck with your health and whatever awaits you.
Like others have said, maybe you need to just redefine success and move it to a place in your life where it brings you happiness without expectation. You obviously enjoy the process, so find where that lies.
I have shrunk my studio down to a few key pieces that allow me to retain the fun aspect without the crazy-need-to-have-a-huge-setup-to-be-successful mentality and I'm doing better than I ever have before.
It's different for all of us, so just find where it works for you. AND GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 6th April 2012
500 series nutjob

Old 6th April 2012
Gear Addict

Nice to see you about Pan...how's the spiders treatin' ya?

/me raises hot tasty black caffeinated beverage in the air, spins on chair and salutes you all in every direction

'Avagoodlonweegend everyone

S
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattamah View Post
me raises hot tasty black caffeinated beverage in the air, spins on chair and salutes you all in every direction
Get any on ya, bro?
Old 6th April 2012
Bit Farmers Wife

Quote:
I give up.
No ya don't. take a break. Talk to ya in a bit.

loves
k
Old 6th April 2012
Quote:
I give up.

Take care my friends.

It's not giving up. It's taking an indefinite break. I remember saying that I give up on music a while back. Sooner or later, you look at that time in your life and think, "That was fun. I think I'll try that again." I'm sure it's happened to everyone here at least once. If it hasn't, it will one day.

Even if you never decide to come back, it was a pleasure to have you here. My only wish is that you had the same fun as the rest of us. Hopefully, we see you again.

Until next time,
C
Old 6th April 2012
Gear nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissmichaels View Post
It's not giving up. It's taking an indefinite break. I remember saying that I give up on music a while back. Sooner or later, you look at that time in your life and think, "That was fun. I think I'll try that again." I'm sure it's happened to everyone here at least once. If it hasn't, it will one day.

Even if you never decide to come back, it was a pleasure to have you here. My only wish is that you had the same fun as the rest of us. Hopefully, we see you again.

Until next time,
C
Couldn't have said it better. We all reach points in our life where everything is very hard. But, it was never a waste to try as they say it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. You never know where this new change and path will leave you... You are never giving up just moving on.
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissmichaels View Post
not!

couldn't help responding. over many years my musical life has taken many turns, but it has never come to a stop where i completely walked away

i'll say that i'm sure this is true for many people for whom music is more than a hobby (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

I walked away for the better part of a year just now. It's the hardest thing ever. And then you come back and it's like you never left (except there's some more cobwebs in your brain about what goes where).

On an equally sad (or sadder to some) note, a visionary without whom we would not be where we are today passed yesterday. RIP "Father of Loud."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search