The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 18th March 2003
Lives for gear

Can't make it, but have a nice time guys

malice
Old 18th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by malice
Can't make it, but have a nice time guys

malice
ditto!!
Old 19th March 2003
We

a) rocked
b) ruled

Pix going up later..

Tape Op editor Andy Hong turned up too!!
Old 19th March 2003
L-R
Jules, Bevvy B, Fletcher, classical engineer Martin Astle, Tape Op's Andy Hong, "Cally", "Goatboy"
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-group33.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Bevvy B, Goatboy, Preben & Fletcher
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-bev-goat-prebfletch2.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Tape Op magazine editor Andy Hong (L) and "Goatboy" (R)
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-anhdy-hong-goatboy2.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Bevvy B adjusts his camera while Preben "pushes" his weird Danish candy.
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-bev-denmarksweets2.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Fletcher,. Steve aka "Tom Jones", Meg lee Chin, Andy Hong
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-fletchstevmegandy2.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Martin informs Meg the price she would have had to pay for her Apogee MiniMe if she weren't a beta tester.
Attached Thumbnails
Fletcher in london, Gearslutz & Pro Sound Web dinner dance RSVP-bev-mart2.jpg  
Old 19th March 2003
Mindreader

I am seriously hungover
and it's 8.20 pm
ouch
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

I also feel roughly the way Fletcher looks in the photo... He was last seen heading south down Charing Cross Road at 04.15... flight from Heathrow at 07.00... aaarrrgghhh.
Old 19th March 2003
Old 20th March 2003
Mindreader

Preben -

I stupidly did what I said I was going to do and went on to do further drinking.

Got in at 7.30am, fell over, then woke up at 3.15pm

bleargh
Old 20th March 2003
Mindreader

Oh, and some twat in the bar I ended up in erased all the pictures I took.

Doh.
Old 20th March 2003
member no 666

Got back to the hotel... caught a quick nap, packed my **** then off to the airport... cleared security, two quick 'bloody's in the airport lounge got on the plane [fortunately the guy sitting next to me wasn't "chatty"]... glass of champage before takeoff... bloody before lunch, Merlot with lunch... scotch after lunch and I was OK.

Got through immigration and customs quicker than anticipated... which meant we beat 'rush hour' [or were at least on the leading edge of it]... made it home in one piece... hangover cured.

I have to say that was a seriously fun evening!! Jules did a marvelous job of organizing great people, great food, and great fun.

Bevvy... look at the bright side.... so the photo's were erased by some chippie... I was fairly intent on smashing the ****ing thing with the bar's hammer [I guess the bright side is that I wasn't 'hammered' enough to carry out the deed... lest you be pissed off with me for way too long... or I'd be responsible for getting you a new camera... but either way, it all worked out really well from my perspective!!!]

I sincerely hope everyone involved had nearly as much fun as I!! Let's make sure to do that again next time one of you are over here, or I'm over there!!!!!!!!!
Old 20th March 2003
I was just about to send you an 'are you still alive' email!

Old 20th March 2003
Here for the gear

I passed out in the cab home....woke up just in time for my exit...

They don't do normal measures in that place!

Anyway , thanks for a great night!

Cheers

GB

ps... Preben - I chose an avater you might recollect from the evening!

pps.... Fletcher, Any chance you could UPS some Whitecastle over here?

<grin>
Old 20th March 2003
If it's any consolation, I had a slow day the next day, I was nursing a Red Bull hangover!

Martin & I opted for chinese food at 4am before catching cabs home..

Old 20th March 2003
Gear Nut

It was great to meet you all it was a very enjoyable evening and the food was tasty... plus I even got to learn stuff
pity I had to bail out at 11:30 .

thanks Jules

Andy
Old 20th March 2003
Mindreader

Fletch - I can just about remember you hitting my camera with something and can't for the life of me remember why.

I have never drunk so much rum and coke in my life. And that's saying something.

Did Jules's camera get a hitting?
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

Fletcher: Glad to hear that you made it back in one piece. I wouldn't have, but then again I don't have your stamina..!! I had problems enough navigating the night bus and the Swedish waitress - who, I must ad, got on a different bus to my one.

Goatboy: Unbelievably well chosen avatar, there now... (DRINK!!!) Are you still up for guest moderating the Delta-card forum for 1.5 years...? (FECK!!!) And don't be surprised to see a sudden raise in prices for certain 4-string Fenders now that the Baghdad bombing has started.

Bevvy: I might have a question for you but that is a different thread. Sorry to hear about your camera. Still: better than the fate that Fletcher had in mind for it. BTW: If you wanna check out the Powercore/UAD/Sony scenario let me know and we'ææ sort it

And Jules: Great idea and well done for getting it motoring. A lot of fun and great people...
Old 21st March 2003
Gear Head

Swell time everyone! Thanks for setting this up Jules!

I walked back to my room OK, after making a quick stop at the Dorado (one of the all-night Spanish bars on Hanway).

Got up after a quick 2-hr nap and took a flight to Amsterdam, and showed up at work w/ my head still in one piece.

I'm back in London again this Fri (today, UK time) for business during the day and dinner/drinks in the evening w/ friends. Jules, ring me on my mobile phone if you feel like meeting up w/ us.

Cheers everyone!

--andyhong
Old 21st March 2003
Mindreader

andy -

Between us we could have floated a ship on the rum and gin we downed
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search