The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio Question
Old 2nd May 2005
Gear Head

Studio Question

Hey all,

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but in regards to starting a studio I was curious of your thoughts. How did most of you get to "pro studio" status, or maybe not even "pro", but making a living on recording? Here were my initial thoughts... Start small in the basement of my house or at my church etc, and try to build up some clients. (I like this idea with the exception that I have no basement, and that building a studio in my church wouldn't be optimal because of train tracks that run next door) Another thought was taking out a business loan and getting a space to rent or whatever near some other local small time businesses. My only thought is that building the studio in the location would be very intensive(but worht it..maybe) and once I've got it built will I be able to make the funds to pay back the loan? I know that I truly enjoy recording and mixing, but as far as getting to the point where I can make my living at it....I have no idea where to start or if it is even reasonable. Any thoughts would help...the sooner I get in a studio and out of retail...the better!
Old 2nd May 2005
Lives for gear

I think It's more about People than Gear. Get your self Known in the community where you want to evolve, doing as much as you can with the gear you already have and renting what ever is needed, until you have enough workflow that you'll be able to support your own facility.
Develop SKILLS...their are more inportant than Gear.
My 2c.........................Joaquin.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search