The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
help with mackie control faders
Old 1st May 2005
Gear Addict

help with mackie control faders

I just got a Mackie Contro Universal. I've noticed that while my session is playing back in Cubase SX, if i adjust the levels on the fly the faders go down in Cubase SX but then they go back to unity on the mackie control. does anyone know why this is and how i change that. the only way i can get the faders to represent their real values are by holding down the fader for a ffew seconds after i've moved it basically preventing the motor from putting it back to unity. or i can turn the motors off all together but when you bank over you cannot telll what the levels are by looking at the faders. any suggestions?
Old 1st May 2005
Lives for gear

make show u have the latest firmware update from Mackie's website
Old 1st May 2005
Jai guru deva om

Put your feet on the floor when you make the moves. Sounds strange, but there's a small amount of current involved and sometimes if you're not touching the floor it won't register. I found this out myself when we first became a dealer and had to call them about it. I was putting my feet up on my chair legs while mixing.

Strange but true...

War
Old 1st May 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
Put your feet on the floor when you make the moves. Sounds strange, but there's a small amount of current involved and sometimes if you're not touching the floor it won't register. I found this out myself when we first became a dealer and had to call them about it. I was putting my feet up on my chair legs while mixing.

Strange but true...

War

I have the latest 2.1.2 firmware. Seems a bit bizarre. Did you experience the same things as me? I mean the faders go back to unity when if i do not hold them still. and i'm pretty sure my feet have been touching the ground. are you trying to say that current is apssed through the P&G faders in order to make them move?
Old 1st May 2005
Jai guru deva om

The fader knobs are conductive and possess a small electrical charge, the circuit detects the change when your finger touches it. The quirk is that if your feet aren't touching the ground (in most cases, I can still have my feet up on the chair legs if I touch the metal case of the Mackie Control at the same time) it may not flow through the same and release the fader and write the automation.

Try it and get back to me...Mackie isn't the only one this happens with from what I understand.

War
Old 1st May 2005
Gear Addict

man warhead i don't really know what to say now the thing works perfectly. took off my sandals put my feet on the harwood floor it all works fine. but then i picked them up off the ground and guess what? they still work fine. weird man. I've realized it also acts up a lot in you switch out of cubase and decide to surf the net for like 30 minutes when you go back the MCU might be disengaged them you got to quit power down and up again and fire SX back up again and everything works fine. it totally has a mind of it's opwn. then again mines a used converted Logic Control so I don't really know what to say.
Old 1st May 2005
Jai guru deva om

Between being "grounded" and NOT opening and closing Cubase windows with it you shouldn't have issues. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it has a mind of its own...I always have the controller on then open Nuendo with no issues.

Something's changed regarding the fader issue, I bet it will strike again when you're in whatever situation you were in when it happened. Just remember when it does...!

War
Old 1st May 2005
Here for the gear

I just thought I would throw in my two cents here. I had trouble with my MCU working with DP. I would move the faders, and then they would move back to their original position before I moved them. It was doing weird stuff. And would you know it, my problem was the Midi cables. The MCU was kinda workin...but kinda not....and the person who figured out my problem was MOTU tech support and NOT Mackie Tech support...oddly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search