The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does a Peluso 2247LE hold its value
Old 4th September 2008
Gear Addict

Does a Peluso 2247LE hold its value

How much does a used 2247LE with tele tube and in good condition usually go for? I know retail is around $1,700.
Old 5th September 2008
Gear Addict

Hmm, that's weird. No one has anything to offer about what price they'd pay for a used Peluso 2247LE?
Old 12th September 2008
I know I'd pay around $1200 for a used 2247LE in near mint condition with everything that came with it when new, but I'm not sure if that's low balling.

I would think, for now, they wouldn't retain their value as much because Peluso is still a fairly new company, at least from what I've seen - and their build quality feels a little cheap. Stuff that's been proven time and time again - time tested - usually retains its value. I feel like there is still a skepticism with their lineup. I know from seeing it in person (2247LE), it seemed cheap from a physical construction standpoint in comparison to the BLUE Cactus, U87, Rode Classic, Manley Reference Gold, and AT4060 that I've seen and used in person.

I've heard the Peluso 2247LE through a Pacifica at my friends studio and I absolutely loved singing through it, something about it made me feel comfortable singing (as did the Manley Reference Gold) - where the AT4060, u87, and Cactus didn't give me the same feeling - I didn't sing through the Rode Classic, just used it on a female vocalist.
Old 12th September 2008
Also, it's kind of curious that people are always selling them used, or seeing dealers selling customer returns on ebay.

I barely ever see the Lawson 47 mic for sale. Maybe that just means there wasn't a frenzy with purchasing them when they first came out. Seems like the recording equipment sales industry has seen a lot more customers these days with all the young adults that are impulsive purchasers, such as myself, that have credit cards and paypal accounts - and the ability to purchase expensive mics that will make them think they are going to sound like Bono or something.

Peluso got a lot of good press from users and I'm sure they sold a plethora of those mics, and from hearing the 2247LE I'd say they are awesome. But maybe because of the impulsive purchasing, bad economy, and whatever else there are so many selling used everyweek.

Sorry people, I just felt like talking for a sec. I'm sick today, so I have time to write.
Old 12th September 2008
Gear Nut

it holds its value for me because i won't ever let it go. if people are seriously trying to lowball this mic, then i would really want to know why.

or, perhaps it's simply source dependent (which I'm a big believer in.)

Regardless, I love it.
Old 13th September 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameischance View Post
it holds its value for me because i won't ever let it go. if people are seriously trying to lowball this mic, then i would really want to know why.

or, perhaps it's simply source dependent (which I'm a big believer in.)

Regardless, I love it.
again, i really liked the mic too, it just seemed cheap and that's why i'd feel uncomfortable paying too much, especially for resale value.

Hey mynameischance, I'm diggin your tunes. Any chance you could reveal some of your chains?
Old 13th September 2008
Lives for gear

Screw the value! The important thing to me would be whether I was going to get good use out of the mic. That said, I think the jury is going to be out on most Peluso mics forever, just because they're based on some pretty awesome mics. It's like being Ziggy Marley or Julian Lennon or something. Maybe they're good, at least sometimes, but they ain't their dads.

I would not expect the Pelusos' value to hold up too well, because, however good a job they do, they are (merely?) modelled on all that classic stuff...
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear

Mine's worth more now than what I paid for it new.
Old 16th September 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindogdms View Post
I know I'd pay around $1200 for a used 2247LE in near mint condition with everything that came with it when new, but I'm not sure if that's low balling.

I would think, for now, they wouldn't retain their value as much because Peluso is still a fairly new company, at least from what I've seen - and their build quality feels a little cheap. Stuff that's been proven time and time again - time tested - usually retains its value. I feel like there is still a skepticism with their lineup. I know from seeing it in person (2247LE), it seemed cheap from a physical construction standpoint in comparison to the BLUE Cactus, U87, Rode Classic, Manley Reference Gold, and AT4060 that I've seen and used in person.

I've heard the Peluso 2247LE through a Pacifica at my friends studio and I absolutely loved singing through it, something about it made me feel comfortable singing (as did the Manley Reference Gold) - where the AT4060, u87, and Cactus didn't give me the same feeling - I didn't sing through the Rode Classic, just used it on a female vocalist.
I had the oppurtunity to get it for $1,200 but decided to wait. I'm still thinking about the Lawson 47MP or a combination of lower priced mics.
Old 16th September 2008
Lives for gear

I offered my Peluso up on CL for...$1300 I think it was.

Some guy from out of state found me selling it. Had a friend of his from Orange County hire a courier to come pay me by check and deliver the mic.

Heh, I wouldn't typically sell stuff abroad like that, but I have to admit I was impressed.

As many, I've heard mixed things about the Peluso. I wouldn't buy it again.

But then again, I don't even own an iPod. What do I know about music? What does anybody really. Trix are for kids. Most mics will get the job done, period.

Based on retail because it's 'limited edition' I'd ask at least $1500 now.

It's funny, there's actually retail gear that goes up in value, like the Transient Designer 4. I see that thing going for $950 used everywhere and I want to slap somebody. I paid close to $1100 for one new. I should've waited.
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

I recently bought one for $1150. Then sold it.
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

Seems like $1,300-1,400 is a fair going rate for them. You'll find higher and lower of course so YMMV.
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

I had Taylor Dayne in my studio and we tried the 2247LE and Pacifica. Even she was impressed.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

I got the 2247LE a couple of months ago and I love it!

I bought mine for $1500 used off of Ebay from a guy who had only fired it up for one session. I only took this route because the dude was willing to communicate extensively with me before the purchase.

The cool thing was I had a $100 coupon from Ebay towards a purchase, so I really got for $1400.

I think the mic will hold good value. I don't ever plan on selling it!

I can tell you that I have used a vast array of microphones in my time and this mic is great. I bought the 2247LE after a lot of research. My buddy was letting me use his Soundelux E47 for a good year and he wanted it back. I like the Peluso way better than the Soundelux, and I'm not saying the E47 is bad at all....it's a great mic as well.
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyricalmind View Post
How much does a used 2247LE with tele tube and in good condition usually go for? I know retail is around $1,700.
Does it really matter?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search