The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amps for Recording Keyboard
Old 26th April 2005
Amps for Recording Keyboard

Just curious what amps people are using and prefer for recording (or reamping direct) keyboards. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 26th April 2005
Lives for gear

Vox AC-30 or AC-15. The tremelo is awesome on E. Pianos as well. Check out the first track on Radiohead's The Bends for what these amps sound like with an E. Piano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon
Just curious what amps people are using and prefer for recording (or reamping direct) keyboards. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 26th April 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepwalker
Vox AC-30 or AC-15. The tremelo is awesome on E. Pianos as well. Check out the first track on Radiohead's The Bends for what these amps sound like with an E. Piano.
The piano on the track in question sounds like a Yamaha CP80 which has tremolo built in. I could be wrong, but I'd bet my ears on it. (If I lost the bet that would solve my gear lust.)
Old 26th April 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

I use a "blackfaced" Fender Quad Reverb (basically a 4 x 12 Twin) with a Fender Rhodes. Sounds totally boss. Mind you, I ripped the crappy Fender speakers out and put in 4 Weber's which has a lot to do with the beautiful sound of that amp.
Old 26th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineEars
The piano on the track in question sounds like a Yamaha CP80 which has tremolo built in. I could be wrong, but I'd bet my ears on it. (If I lost the bet that would solve my gear lust.)
Crazy. I'd bet my ears it's the AC-30. Maybe someone could clear this up.
Old 27th April 2005
Gear Guru

I think Deep Purple used to put organ through a Marshall stack. Dated, I suppose, but still pretty cool.
Old 1st May 2005
Bump. Thanks for the replies so far.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search