The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Water damaged A Range from Matrix studio, London UK - mid 80's - where is it now?
Old 29th April 2005
Little Labs

About gee... a year ago I was asked to check out all of Elliot Smiths (RIP) gear at his studio behind a car dealer in Van Nuys. He had, and in the same spot still, is an original A range. I worked on them in the early 80s at Cherokee at that point they had three originals, that was before Toby Foster started changing them. He put 990s in the monitor section and did some mods that were nice. The board in the mix room, studio 2 I believe, was really nice, we put a grey market Necam system into it that was cool and useable until the rats chewed through all the ribbon cable and the thing got pretty nutty! >HAH<
Old 30th April 2005
Lives for gear
I mixed quite a few records on that Cheroke studio 2 desk... I actually quite liked mixing in that weird room... it sounded almost like a PA in there, but it certainly translated well.

ANd depsite Necam's oddities (it was cool in its time) I loved the osund of thsoe desks.

But Cherokee studio 1 is the real treasure... too bad they're moved (or moving) out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search