The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What do you guys do to be in "shape"
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

Alpha,
we definitely should hook up...I'm over the mountains and the riding is just as sweet...both road and MTB..I generally ride about 100 miles/week...way down frm my racing days.
I ridden a ton of trails in Pisgah and around Brevard,etc.
My best friend(and guitar palyer in band)and I are starting up a small bike touring outfit...taking people on MTB and road rides around the Smokies,Pisgahs,etc.
Old 8th March 2003
There is only one

well, this is my backyard.
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk

well, this is my backyard.
god, beautiful...where you moving too?
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Saucyjack

My best friend(and guitar palyer in band)and I are starting up a small bike touring outfit...taking people on MTB and road rides around the Smokies,Pisgahs,etc.
Jack.....this is my alltime dream. to start a mtn bike touring biz. And to integrate it with a destination studio.
I've toured on a bike in europe quite a bit, and in the states (great divide trail, colorado)

I'm starting the same kinda ride for friends once a month where I'll organize the route and host the eats after. I thought it would be a great way to get my feet wet. Never been on an organized tour but I'd like to try the Western spirits co. in the Utah area.
could you tell me more about your rides?
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

A fat (fluffy) AE is the secret tool for a good control room threatment.
But be carefull a combined with a heavy lether couche it could suck out al low frequencies in the room!
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

Hey Craig,
Good to see some fellow cyclists around...Our company Highland Adventures guide service(HAGS) has been up and running for about 2 years...we do some small guided rides,mostly one day stuff but are looking to branch out into multi day tours both road and MTB and maybe even overseas.We also put on several races including a 12 hr festival.
If you get a chance do a Western Spirits trip,DO IT,I have done the Sawtooth singletrack and Moab....great company,great tours.
Give me a shout if you get in my neck of the woods...East Tennessee/Smoky Mtns.
Later
Jim Rivers
Old 8th March 2003
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
god, beautiful...where you moving too?
closer in town. im about 20 minutes outside downtown asheville right now.
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

I just joined a gym. The day I joined my heart went nuts and now I've gotta wear some monitor
(I'm hoping it's not one of my Adams, they're heavy). The other secret is being old and having a 4 year old daughter to kick my ass.
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

About 3.5 years ago I fell off a roof while working as a carpenter, busted my wrist in 5 places, and really messed up my right ankle.. so no running or jumping activities, and no push-ups.limits the excersices avilable a bit... In the last 4 years I have gone from in shape, to a pathetic out of shape 225. (Only 100 more pounds and I could call myself "lucielle")

I just ordered one of those "gazelle" type machines ( like the ones that blonde headed speed freak sells on TV) We will see how that goes!
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

Great to hear there are so many cyclists! I also live in a cyclist's paradise, but alas, since the newest family member (4 yrs now!) I have slowed to almost non-existant cycling status... madd
However, in the past couple of years, cross country skiing has taken up the slack, and is a far better overall workout than mtn biking (not to mention a lot easier on the wrists/backside). The downside is when it's colder than -20 deg., my desire to get out and do the work rapidly diminishes. We have winter for 6+ months of the year, so it's the longer season, yet often a bit too cold to really enjoy the activity. That said, daily walks with my mutt up the mountain are my solace from work, and clears the head, even if it's a bit chilly outside. I look forward to getting into spring (another month + away) and getting muddy on the bike for a change instead of getting frostbite...yuktyy
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

i find that running from creditors keeps me in excellent shape
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

Years ago my favoruite method of keeping fit was the old bucket bong... hahah.. ingenius invention!

Nowadays im back @ the gym everyday and alternating each day with weights and a rigid cardiovasuclar circuit follwoed by 15 laps of the pool to wind down..

Also i stopped eating '****' food.. Sushi became a studio staple as well as copious amounts of water and fruit.

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 9th March 2003
Lives for gear

Wiggy,
You just raised the bar for the rest of us. I guess just joining the gym isn't enough. Now I'll start going. ****.
Chap
Old 10th March 2003
Lives for gear

FWIW:

I follow a regimen of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream at breakfast and dinner; large, caloric lunches (usually French, Italian, or Southern American); constant snacking on cheeze, crackers, and chocolate; and avoiding most vegetables and all exercise whenever possible.

It doesn't work for me; perhaps others might find it doesn't work for them as well.

-MattiMattMatt
Old 10th March 2003
member no 666

A good weekly workout schedule is very important... but it's important to take time off from your workout routines

Monday: Poker with the boys [my turn to bring the beer this week]
Tuesday: relax, read
Wednesday: Staff dinner meeting
Thursday: relax, read
Friday: Pizza night!! Hang with kidz and watch videos
Saturday: up for grabs
Sunday: watch Football during football season, baseball during baseball season... Sopranos at 8
Old 10th March 2003
When a man gets tired of Chinese food, he is tired of life - Dudley Moore

Old 12th March 2003
Hey, did I miss something or nobody here practice any martial arts like karate, kung-fu...?
Old 12th March 2003
member no 666

Quote:
Originally posted by jeronimo
Hey, did I miss something or nobody here practice any martial arts like karate, kung-fu...?
Too much work... carry a gun.
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I did Tai Chi for a few years, a little Kung-Fu. And then I got married and all that stuff was replaced by 'The Home Improvement Martial Arts'.

Bob Vila is now my Master.
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cram
...Bob Vila is now my Master.
My condolences... Bob wouldn't know the business end of a hammer if it hit him on the head. Didn't you ever wonder why all the mechanics take a giant step back when Bob picks up a tool? ... heh
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
Too much work... carry a gun.
Like this?

That would be my answer...
Attached Images
What do you guys do to be in "shape"-ppksstainless.jpg 
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Put a Pachmayr grip on that and you'd be looking at my PPKS. It's perfect for CCW.
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim L
My condolences... Bob wouldn't know the business end of a hammer if it hit him on the head. Didn't you ever wonder why all the mechanics take a giant step back when Bob picks up a tool? ... heh
Did you ever wonder why there were mechanics on Bob Villa's show?

Norm is the man on that show!
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

This Old Outhouse?... Way OT!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith
Did you ever wonder why there were mechanics on Bob Villa's show?
Sorry, I was in that business for a lot of years and still have some 'lingo' habits... mechanic is a term used on the job to describe the "experienced engineers" (carpenters, plumbers, etc.).

Quote:
Norm is the man on that show!
Not in the last decade or so... Norm's still on TOH. Riley's the man that keeps Bob from hurting himself (and more importantly others) these days.
Old 13th March 2003
I also used to do karate and tae-kon-do when I was a kid... I'm thinking about starting tae-kon again...
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cram
Put a Pachmayr grip on that and you'd be looking at my PPKS. It's perfect for CCW.

I love my PPKS just the way it is.

Does building an attic studio/office, a bathroom, a laundry room, tearing out and rebuilding the old bathroom (including failing old concrete floor), refinishing the master bedroom and nursery qualify as exercise if it's done in less than 6 months? F*&^ I'm tired.
Old 13th March 2003
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by Fibes
Does building an attic studio/office, a bathroom, a laundry room, tearing out and rebuilding the old bathroom (including failing old concrete floor), refinishing the master bedroom and nursery qualify as exercise if it's done in less than 6 months? F*&^ I'm tired.
depends on how many beers you drank while doing it.
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith

I just ordered one of those "gazelle" type machines ( like the ones that blonde headed speed freak sells on TV) We will see how that goes!
Tony Little Rocks!!! grggt
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

I have about 6 weeks left on my 3 month unlimmited access subscription at the local gymn. This thread reminds me that I should actually make use of it some time soon. madd
Old 14th March 2003
There is only one

in case anyone cares... i lost 20 pounds this week.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search