The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
trying to export with click in cubase
Old 1st September 2008
Gear Head

trying to export with click in cubase

I need to print the click in cubase as a reference for the next studio's overdub session.

I'm using Cubase 4. I recall back in my SX days that the click if routed to the stereo output and turned on would export with the mix.

I would prefer to export the click track to an audio file, as the studio only needs the first measure with click to line it up with their PT grid.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 1st September 2008
Lives for gear

With version 4.5.1 you can select a Vsti for the click
Old 1st September 2008
Lives for gear

I have SX v3.xx, so I don't know how different v4 is, but wouldn't it be easier to simply create/insert a MIDI track, draw a few quarter notes on a hi-hat or cowbell key, then copy/paste however many measures of those you needed; insert the LM-7 or LM-9 (or some kind of VST drum device) across that channel & you can then export that as an audio file with the same start point as whatever other tracks you're exporting.

I've had to do this a couple of times & this method has been the easiest for me... plus you can give 'em a hat or a sidestick or whatever you want, instead of a "beep".
Old 1st September 2008
Gear Head

thanks guys...I'll probably put a measure of cowbell in as I'm in a rush.

I'll look into the vsti thing though, that looks cool.
Old 2nd September 2008
Gear Addict

the click to vsti thing is kinda cool, but i'd like to get an actual click TRACK, as you can in protools... that you can render and solo and mute, and route around to anywhere, and put effects onto it (if you really want).

i find the click in cubase awkward to use.
Old 2nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Obviously, if you can send it to a VSTI you can do all of that after recording a couple of bars?

Even before that you could route the click anywhere anyone needs to hear it except to a VSTI... in version 4 anyway.
Old 2nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Just print from the Bar. Tell the new studio the tempo....

How did you have a count in? It's not rocket surgery.

We need a "slowly shakes head in disbelief/despair" emoticon.
Old 2nd September 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRB View Post
Just print from the Bar. Tell the new studio the tempo....

How did you have a count in? It's not rocket surgery.

We need a "slowly shakes head in disbelief/despair" emoticon.
because I'm sending them as mp3's and mp3's add a bit of time to the top of the track.

This way they can line up the transient to their grid. If i was sending wav files this wouldn't be a problem, but they need the exported pre count to act as clapboard like in the film world.

we need a "slowly shakes head in disbelief/despair at some people's enthusiasm to dump on others" emoticon.
Old 2nd September 2008
Lives for gear

dfegadYeah, I am a bit of a dick.

Why not just send WAVs. Zip the track and upload to Yousendit. Not gonna be over a gig. Couple of hours max.
Old 2nd September 2008
Gear Head

mute all the tracks so all you hear is the click

export this as audio back into the track.

cut, nip, tuck ,

RTFM
Old 23rd June 2010
Here for the gear

support ticket up with Steinberg over this one

copy of my support request to Steinberg:

I have been trying to figure out how to make the metronome click appear in Audio Export so that I can make a rehearsal recording with click in it to help the singer.

At first I presumed Audio click would take care of it, but when it didn't, I then set up a VST instrument (VE Pro Temple Blocks) to also play the sounds. Both these could be heard and seen in their own audio channels, and at one point I could see it in the Master Mixer output, but when I exported audio it had disappeared, and moreover when I started playback again immediately after having exported audio, the audio did not appear in the Master channel anymore.

i really don't want to have to construct an elaborate MIDI track just to hear click, and I would have thought common sense would suggest Cubase should have the option to export this if desired, rare an occurrence though that very well may be.

i have looked through the manual and can find no heading that will allow me to do this.

Is this possible? If not, can you please put it on the wish list? I do hope the workaround is not going to be to create MIDI data and route the audio from VST into export. These pieces are hundreds of bars long with many tempo changes.
Old 20th March 2011
Here for the gear

hi dwmusic, i am having a similar problem as you had posted last june. trying to export audio files with Click from Cubase 4.

All my experience with the software is with real audio files, so i'm not great routing midi or VST instrument tracks.

did you ever find a simple solution, or did you hear back from Steinberg?

Old 20th March 2011
Gear Head

I dont really understand your issue... You want the click in with the tracks audio file? Why not just add in some random percussion sound and draw in a 4/4 pattern?
And why cant you render it to a wav file?

EDIT: OH wait... This thread was made in 2008.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search