The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tonelux console
Old 30th January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave
It is digitally controlled analog, just like the Distressor.

No reason it couldn't be remote contolled, even from within Pro Tools...

Stay tuned.
neat! i love how well thought out the whole tonelux system is.
Old 21st February 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I keep having this compulsive urge to research everything that has the word Tonelux in it after discovering it on this forum. damn you guys. I'm still lookin into where I'l be setting up shop for a small studio but I know that I'l be starting out most likely with the minimum setup of the 8 pres and 8 eqs.

How many of your consoles are out here in the LA area paul? I'd love to stop by and take a look and a listen if I can get ahold of some of these guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykeBack
I keep having this compulsive urge to research everything that has the word Tonelux in it after discovering it on this forum. damn you guys. I'm still lookin into where I'l be setting up shop for a small studio but I know that I'l be starting out most likely with the minimum setup of the 8 pres and 8 eqs.

How many of your consoles are out here in the LA area paul? I'd love to stop by and take a look and a listen if I can get ahold of some of these guys.
Ryan Hewitt is mixing the Chili Peppers on one and Pete Min just moved out there. Gil will be in that area this weekend, email him to set something up.
Lives for gear

If any consoles appear in the Boston area (or I end up taking a detour to visit my parents in NC) I really want to hear one of these. a 16 Channel one would fit so perfectly in my place.

And to think, before I really paid this thread any attention I was thinking about a Logic Control.
Lives for gear

Tibbon, I second that motion. I think the nearest dealer for us is southern vermont. (Sonic Circus)... I would be willing to drive up to Boston to check out that console. Heck, if we got enough people, we should take a trip up to vermont.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman
I think the nearest dealer for us is southern vermont. (Sonic Circus)... I would be willing to drive up to Boston to check out that console. Heck, if we got enough people, we should take a trip up to vermont.!
Sonic can easily set up a demo in Boston - they used to be based there, and still have sales staff with a studio just outside the city.

-gil
Lives for gear

Hmm, thanks Gil... Tibbon, what do you think about an in Boston Demo?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykeBack
I keep having this compulsive urge to research everything that has the word Tonelux in it after discovering it on this forum. damn you guys.
you too? GS is my downfall...
Quote:
Hmm, thanks Gil...
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Rick James
Lives for gear

Gil, what did the five fingers say to the Face.....

SLAP....
Attached Thumbnails
Tonelux console-rjames204.jpg  
Quote:
Gil, what did the five fingers say to the Face.....

SLAP....
I'm Rick James, bitch!!

That was some of the funniest sh*t Dave ever did. I am so glad that he was able to interview Rick before he died - that made it even funnier, especially when Rick is saying "Can you imagine Rick James putting his muddy feet all over Edddie Murphy's white leather furniture, that's absurd, I would never do that..... okay yeah - I did put my dirty muddy boots on Eddies couch"

I laughed so hard I almost fell off *my* couch. Good stuff. And then to edit him over and over again saying "cocaine is a hell of a drug...". Brilliant.
Lives for gear

Defintelty some of Dave's best work. Season 3 should be coming out soon..
I am looking forward to it..

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/c...ow/index.jhtml

Click on "Season 3 preview"
Old 22nd February 2006 | Show parent
Quote:
Defintelty some of Dave's best work. Season 3 should be coming out soon.. I am looking forward to it..
I read about that - it's not really Season 3, it's the four or so shows worth of skits he shot, without the Live Audinece intros and post-production guests.

-g
Old 24th February 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Good God...this sh!t is intense...

What a great way to go broke, every time you get $800 or so you can buy a new module...
This has got to be the best thing EVER, I was wondering when someone would get it together and REALLY integrate ITB and OTB into something logical, but this reeally looks like it's set to go beyond...count me in

But could you just lower the prices a LITTLE? Please?
Lives for gear
Daking Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge
You push the button to toggle through each function in sequence I believe..
Then turn the knob to adjust the function itself..
I saw it.. but it was too noisy to hear anything and the headphones didn't seem to work ..Paul was away from the booth at the time..
The stuff looked and felt[especially the faders] really cool. stike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtienhaara
Thanks RB!

So it sounds like it's digitally controlled... Any automation / remote control planned for the Daking Plus, Mr. Wolff? heh heh heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave
It is digitally controlled analog, just like the Distressor.

No reason it couldn't be remote contolled, even from within Pro Tools...

Stay tuned.
so are these going to be modules for the tonelux system? is this a new daking desk? googled and i can't find anything.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal
so are these going to be modules for the tonelux system? is this a new daking desk? googled and i can't find anything.

look here:

http://tonelux.com/compats.html
Old 25th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

nicey nice!!!!

so three years later, what ever happened to the chandler, emirical labs, daking modules for the tonelux?????????

did api persuade the companies to go 500 series??????????
Old 3rd January 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Maybe some of you Tonelux pro's can help us out on this one: we want to build a very small high end DAW frontend console... which modules have to be used?

Here is the thread regarding that question, with all the details...
The smallest high end mixer (with aux and direct outs)

Thanks!!
📝 Reply