The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tonelux console
Old 16th October 2005 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Do I remember you saying something about internal dip switches for the input module buss assigns? Does this mean you can pull a module out to assign it to a bus or some how patch it. Where does the patch point come from? Do you have to use an input module with the direct out option? Maybe its too early in the morning, but what the heck is an IFB?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldswirlo
Do I remember you saying something about internal dip switches for the input module buss assigns? Does this mean you can pull a module out to assign it to a bus or some how patch it. Where does the patch point come from? Do you have to use an input module with the direct out option? Maybe its too early in the morning, but what the heck is an IFB?

Thanks.
There are jumper wires that plug into headers that select the busses. Go to the web site and select the FX2. Then go to the tech specs and see how it works. You can assign it anywhere. Same with the master modules.

The 8 bus module is an 8 bus setup with buttons for the busses, but the FX2 has to be removed to select it.

IFB is Interruptable Fold Back, and is used in broadcasting to have communications with others on their monitor feeds by mixing talkback on top of the monitor signal or by interrupting it with the talkback function.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneLux
Chandler will be making the Germanium Mic Pre
ELI will be making the Distressor
Daking will be making his Mic Pre and then if possible, his EQ

Not bad... More will be aroound for NAMM....
You just changed my long term studio plans.

Thank you, Paul.
Gear Nut

Thanks Paul, one other question then. Can you make multiple assingments. For example, could you send the snare to the stereo bus and at the same time send it to bus 1/2 with a compressor or something inserted on the bus. You know I mean?
Old 22nd October 2005 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldswirlo
Thanks Paul, one other question then. Can you make multiple assingments. For example, could you send the snare to the stereo bus and at the same time send it to bus 1/2 with a compressor or something inserted on the bus. You know I mean?
Yes, and the best part is that there would be no latency.
Old 28th December 2005 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Total Recall and other V-Rack questions

Mr. Wolf, is there any chance that we will see total recall on the EL, Chandler or Danking modules? Also what about automation on the auxiliary modules? If so is it dynamic or snapshot automation? I also remember reading on here that the eq's have or will have total recall. Are they addressed from the mic pre remote control?

Also I’m not clear on how many v-racks can be dasy chained togather (if i'm accuratly describing how they interconnect)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpcramseysoral
Mr. Wolf, is there any chance that we will see total recall on the EL, Chandler or Danking modules? Also what about automation on the auxiliary modules? If so is it dynamic or snapshot automation? I also remember reading on here that the eq's have or will have total recall. Are they addressed from the mic pre remote control?

Also I’m not clear on how many v-racks can be dasy chained togather (if i'm accuratly describing how they interconnect)?
There are a lot of things changing, so there may be some remote control of things. Working on some stuff. Mic Pres and EQs only right now. Today, the RP1 is the only thing available.

It would be dynamic automation if at all, to reason to play around... We would just use the DAW commands.

You can string as many Vracks as you want. THere is no technical limit, except maybe 96 channels or something...
Gear Head

Quote:
"if you don't stop this crap, I will pummel your company into the ground" ...quote from an audio thug
What kind of moron would say that to you?
Old 21st January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

How would a 32 channel ToneLux System with X 2 Mixdream summing stack up against an AWS 900 in terms of DAW integration, quality (component/sound) & cost? Anyone used both systems?

Beya
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyarecords
How would a 32 channel ToneLux System with X 2 Mixdream summing stack up against an AWS 900 in terms of DAW integration, quality (component/sound) & cost? Anyone used both systems?

Beya
From my view, the tone would be of no comparison. We can integrate the MixDream into our mix bus so there is only one master, and our automation interface is the same. Right off the bat, you will have 32 discrete channels over the 24, plus the Mix Dream, so there you go. Cost wise, we have been lower on just about every bid we have done. You can also split the TX system up in 2 halves and place the DAW in the center, like Peter Schmidts system, which really works well with customers.

Paul
Lives for gear

Hi Paul,

Quote:
Cost wise, we have been lower on just about every bid we have done. You can also split the TX system up in 2 halves and place the DAW in the center, like Peter Schmidts system, which really works well with customers.
can you PM me a quote of the system I mentioned with full integration to an Nuendo DAW and motorised faders?

Beya
Old 22nd January 2006 | Show parent
Quote:
Hi Paul,

can you PM me a quote of the system I mentioned with full integration to an Nuendo DAW and motorised faders?

Beya
Email me after NAMM, living in noise hell right now...

Paul
Old 24th January 2006 | Show parent
Quote:
Hi Paul,

Beya
Contact Gil. We prefer not to quote systems on GearSlutz...
Lives for gear

Hey Paul,

Any word on the two new manufacturers that you were going to announce at NAMM??

I dropped by the booth but didn't notice anything, keep us updated, thanks.
Lives for gear

I saw the Daking in there, but I don't know if it was announced before NAMM.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Contact Gil. We prefer not to quote systems on GearSlutz...
Paul,
check your email! I sent one last week requesting a quote. Simply reply to me there, and who is Gil?!!

Beya
Quote:
who is Gil?!!
Now I feel slighted - 24 years in this business, posts all over Gearslutz, personal friend and occasional mentor to Jules Himself - and Beya doesn't know who I am!

Beya, as you are in England, please contact our UK Distributor for a quote - Mr. Kevin Walker at Unity Audio, www.unityaudio.co.uk

-Gil, aka Chopped Liver
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtienhaara
In case there are any Canucks still paying attention, Saved By Technology is now carrying the Tonelux line. http://www.savedbytechnology.com

**** this is great news!

i just went to their site and there's no mention of ToneLux.........

What a horribly laid out site too....lame.
Old 25th January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Yeah SavedByTechnology used to have a fairly clean website, it seems to be a media extravaganza now and brings my machine to its knees... Also the prices are, as always with Canuck dealers, higher than the U.S. ones (I think someone else bitched about that earlier in this thread, but it's a national problem, not specific to any one dealer).

Nevertheless SBT has always provided me with excellent service, unlike some of the chain stores who have mangled orders and mis-quoted prices on me.

An email or phone call to Frank Szabo (sales at savedbytechnology.com) will get you a price list. I'm not affiliated by the way, just fed up with the other major Canadian dealers that also carry Tonelux (just PM GilWave if you want alternatives to SBT).

Incidentally the MP1s are ****ing sweet. I'm not running a big pro studio with Neves and APIs to compare to, but then again that's one of the attractive things about Tonelux -- it's relatively $cheap$. This is gear that project studios can afford -- and it's so smooth and lovely, can you afford to be without it?

$0.02!

Johann

Lives for gear

Thanks, Johann.

I actually went to one of the guys site, listed on ToneLux and heard some great sounding music, that'll assume the ToneLux stuff had a part of.

It's got my interest.
I just got back from Canada earlier in the month. Lots of cool stuff going on there (no pun intended). I love it there - Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, all the provences and small towns in between. Great people, and their government-mandated 40% local content rule for radio means lots of local bands get exposed to the masses (I wish they had that rule here!)

I will be spending more time up there working with our dealer network, focusing on Steve's Music, Saved By Technology and Systems Guinnois to start.

Tonelux is more labor-intensive than, say, selling Distressors. You have to be solution-centric, know how to wire a custom console and patch bay, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty.

Most standard music stores don't want to get their hands dirty with this kind of work, so you won't see Tonelux at every major (or minor) music shop. Please be patient while we build our brand and our dealer network. Greatness doesn't happen overnight - well, except the night Paul Wolff was born, of course.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave

I will be spending more time up there working with our dealer network, focusing on Steve's Music, Saved By Technology and Systems Guinnois to start.

Ah thanks...None of these above mentioned are out here in Vancouver. Unfortunately, you only have 2 choices here: L&M (aka "The Borg") and Tom Lee Music.

I've dealt with L&M for yrs and haven't had the bad experiences others have mentioned, so if I had a choice, I'd go with them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Hombre
None of these above mentioned are out here in Vancouver. Unfortunately, you only have 2 choices here
What about The Annex?
Lives for gear

What about the 2 new manufacturers that were going to be announced at NAMM???
Old 26th January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
What about The Annex?

sorry forgot about them. brian low is a decent guy to deal with and knows his stuff. "annex" on the other hand is a pretty weird setup. you don't feel like you're in a 'store' there and has a back room kinda feel. doesn't seem to get much traffic either. they used to be rockin in the early 90's but over extended themselves i think and almost went belly up.
Old 30th January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

The new gear from NAMM certainly looks sweet but... Did you try out the Daking Plus, Voitesse? How the heck do you use this thing?!?

There's only one frickin' knob!!!
Gear Guru

You push the button to toggle through each function in sequence I believe..
Then turn the knob to adjust the function itself..
I saw it.. but it was too noisy to hear anything and the headphones didn't seem to work ..Paul was away from the booth at the time..
The stuff looked and felt[especially the faders] really cool. stike
Lives for gear

Thanks RB!

So it sounds like it's digitally controlled... Any automation / remote control planned for the Daking Plus, Mr. Wolff? heh heh heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtienhaara
So it sounds like it's digitally controlled...
It is digitally controlled analog, just like the Distressor.

No reason it couldn't be remote contolled, even from within Pro Tools...

Stay tuned.
Lives for gear

Quote:

No reason it couldn't be remote contolled, even from within Pro Tools...

Stay tuned.
I starting to get the felling you guys are going to Nuke my piggy bank, just totally stomp it until it's no more!

📝 Reply