The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studiomaster Boards....thick meaty tone Mixers (Analog)
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear
Yep, those desks sound the dogs bollocks - for rock, dance, pop stuff at any-rate, never tried a classical mix through one - should give it a go !
Old 24th August 2018
Just testing 32ch Studiomaster Series II board I got, actually quite surprised how it sounds. Mine has been modded tho (groups, masterbus and some channels recapped).

I am not sure which chip is inside atm, I have two more I need to test and see which I like the most, but first thing I noticed and was really surprised is that I can push 2-bus extremely (so high almost not even seeing the meter move) and it still doesn't distort. Also was expecting the board to be waaay noisier than it actually is, with proper gain staging noise is almost inaudible, and I listened through headphones! I guess it's all because of the mods on the master buss...

As a lot of people said, EQ is really nice for colouring, preamps drive quite nicely when pushed, very satisfied by that so far. PSU is extremely quiet also (hardware) which is great...

A lot has been said about the build quality, and it's true, it's "ok", but only ok. Faders are super nice tho. Obviously there are some problems that need to be solved (few stiff pots, few dirty faders, solo not showing up on meterbridge, one aux return producing some god-awful sound, and line input on one channel not working, but produces sound when I plug the source in return input...)

I am surely expecting to find some more small problems on it as I further use it, but all in all I am pleasantly surprised, will definitely try to solve all the problems. I just hope things won't start dying too soon :D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search