The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Halfer M5 monitors
Old 2nd March 2003
One with big hooves

Halfer M5 monitors

Has anyone tried them out or better yet, actually own and use them? I've seen the reviews and stuff but now I'm just looking for real world use and experience, especially how they translate. Anyone compare them to NS-10, Reveals or other stuff? With any luck I'll have a chance to listen to them early in the week.
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

They tend to be a tad mid-heavy and bass-shy.

Mixes tend to translate with quieter vocals and guitar. Not quite as harsh / fatiquing to the ear as NS-10s.

But like anything else, you can learn them and get acceptable results. Overall, not the best - but certainly not the worst. Good value for the money, but your best bet in the sub-$400 category is probably still the Yorkville YSM1.
Old 4th March 2003
One with big hooves

Funny, the last time I tried the Yorkville's I didn't like them, they sounded very scooped to me. I was planning on doing some shopping today but picked up a live gig with a 4-pm load in. Ah well.
Old 6th March 2003
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Jay, you may want to ask Harvey how he like his NHT Superones.

Chris
Old 19th March 2003
Gear Maniac

I heard them once so far -- good imaging, I'm considering them also with the sub.

Mack
Old 20th March 2003
Gear Guru

Jay,
Have you thought about the Earthworks monitors? They seem really interesting to me.
Old 20th March 2003
One with big hooves

I've heard about the Earthworks monitors and I've even seen them. Never heard them though. Also, they're in a much higher price bracket then the other things I've looked at, heard and liked. I still haven't had a chance to listen to the Halfers. I need more free time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search