The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Technica XMD Mics? Condenser Microphones
Old 27th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Audio Technica XMD Mics?

I saw a mic package for 3 Audio Technica mics for 50 dollars. It's the XMD drum mic package. I looked around here for a little while and couldn't find anything on them. Anyone have any experience with these. I know it's only 50 dollars, and I should just get them and see .. but right now 50 dollars is a lot .. and if it's not useable at all, I don't want to waste the time and money. The mics are 2 - xm3 and 1 - xm9. Anyone ever use these?

-- Ben
Old 28th August 2008
Gear Maniac

bump .. anyone?
Old 19th June 2009
Here for the gear

I know this is an old post, and you've probably moved on from this issue, but just for those who might be finding this thread and looking for some advice...

I've seen the Audio-Technica XMD Drum Mic pack you're talking about. I haven't used this particular set, but in my experience Audio Technica is not the best mic for the job. If budget is your concern, then hold off and save up. You get what you pay for.

If you want cheap, a 3 pack of GLS Audio ES 57s would cost you about $80. You can start there. I own these mics and have used them to close mic my drum kit. They sound good for a low budget. I use a matched pair of Behringer C-2 condensers for my overheads.

Hope that helps!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search