The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
C24 Control room VS Presonus central station Monitor Controllers
Old 23rd March 2005
Lives for gear

C24 Control room VS Presonus central station

Does anybody uses this combination? C24 with Central station? How does it sound? Is it worth to buy Presonus central station to improve C24 CR section? I know it was dicussed many times on the board about C24 bad CR section, so I was thinking about this (cheaper) combination as opose to BIG guys from Grace, crane song....
Old 5th May 2007
Lives for gear

Bump for an ancient thread.

I am actually looking to upgrade the nasty monitoring section in the C24 as we speak. My problem at the moment is that I don't want to give up the listenback facility that the C24 has. Other units like the Presonus have a talkback from control room to cue, but I don't think I could live without the intergrated listenback from studio to control room that the C24 gives me.

One solution I have come up with is to mult the main outs on PT from a patchbay. One set would goto the main ins on something like the SmPro MPatch2, for mixing, and the other mult would go out to the C24, then back into the aux in on the MPatch2. I could switch to the aux channel on the MPatch2 for tracking (so I could take advantage of the cue system on the C24) then for mixing I could switch over to the mains and take all of the C24 out of the chain.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Cheers

Al
Old 9th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlez View Post
Bump for an ancient thread.

I am actually looking to upgrade the nasty monitoring section in the C24 as we speak. My problem at the moment is that I don't want to give up the listenback facility that the C24 has. Other units like the Presonus have a talkback from control room to cue, but I don't think I could live without the intergrated listenback from studio to control room that the C24 gives me.

One solution I have come up with is to mult the main outs on PT from a patchbay. One set would goto the main ins on something like the SmPro MPatch2, for mixing, and the other mult would go out to the C24, then back into the aux in on the MPatch2. I could switch to the aux channel on the MPatch2 for tracking (so I could take advantage of the cue system on the C24) then for mixing I could switch over to the mains and take all of the C24 out of the chain.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Cheers

Al
Bump!

Al
Old 9th May 2007
Lives for gear

dangerous monitor st
spl
coleman stuff

for listenback, why not just set up a mic and route it to an input on the monitor controller?
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Up!

Al

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search