The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
total gear slut
Old 25th February 2003
Here for the gear

total gear slut

Hey , this is Jamie McClear from WallTrigger Studios in Riverton, Wyoming. This is my first post. I want to tell you that I love recording. And I think I'm pretty good at it. I am a TOTAL GEAR SLUT. I use a legendary Shure SM-57, behringer mixing device, and a computer that has music production programs on it. I'm the producer for Stronger Than Ever, a great band about hope from Wyoming. You guys will appreciate hearing my advice and knowledge and will share stories with me also.
Old 25th February 2003
Lives for gear

Hi Jamie, always nice to see a new face around here! I'm new to this forum but the guys here are real receptive to new users, so you will have fun! Also, it's nice to hear that there are actually people recording music in Wyoming! I wasn't even sure it was a real state. ;-)

What kind of a studio is WallTrigger? Please tell me you don't use that legendary microphone for everything! What other mics do you have in your cabinet?
Old 25th February 2003
Here for the gear

Hey, thanks for that warm welcoming! Well to answer your question kind sir, yes, there is music here in Wyoming and I produce the best of it. And to answer your second question, yes I use that SM-57 FOR EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING. Yesterday I recorded it on an acoustic bass and it sounded angelic.
Old 25th February 2003
Gear Addict

Ortman?
Old 25th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cymatics
Ortman?
I thought this sounded Fletcher related too, especially upon reading this;

Quote:
.....legendary Shure SM-57, behringer mixing device, and a computer that has music production programs on it. I'm the producer for Stronger Than Ever, a great band about hope from Wyoming. You guys will appreciate hearing my advice and knowledge and will share stories with me also.
grggt grggt grggt

Come on, someone own up!! heh heh
Old 25th February 2003
member no 666

I dunno... it definitely has "Ortman's finese" with the sHifT KeY... but dOesn'T seEm qUItE "pRo" enuFF...

Fex Urbis, Lex WhyoMing?
Old 25th February 2003
Old 25th February 2003
Lives for gear

TheY cHaSE KoWs i Why-YoMIn
Old 25th February 2003
Here for the gear

What do you mean when you use the word "pro". I am 100% normal producer. Why are you guys guessing names? I told you, my name is Jamie. Anyway, I have to go look at a new AKGD-12 that I am interested in. It should sound great recording my bass drumes. Kip Nikkis (drummer for S.T.E) says that Creed uses it on their awesome premier drum kit and we want a powerful, punchy, yet hopeful sound.
Old 25th February 2003
Lives for gear

Man, and I havent even TRIED to make my bass drum sound 'hopeful'....That D12 must be one kewl mic!
Old 25th February 2003
Gear Head

Great finally a REAL pro..how can I improve my Commadore 64?

I am so happy to have your knowledge right here on my computer in the small city of Chicago.

Please help me, I am still using a Commadore 64, and the sound is great.
But I'd like to really sound like one of the big boys, how can I tweak this set-up. Please note I only have some radio shack mic's right now, but I hope to upgrade soon. Someone was talking about my A/D/A converter, is this for 110/220 international use?

Thanks engineer man,
Old 25th February 2003
urumita

He said D-12, he also said new, they haven't made them for a while I know, but maybe he don't know. I like 'em even if they were made a while ago, it's a real mic., not a special purpose jobbie. Even though I'll use a D-112e on vocals also if it fits. I believe that they have different capsules (D-12><D-112e). The D-12 is a great but ugly live vocal mic. (60's and 70's european singers, Mina) you can find a better choice for the studio?
guitar cabinets, bell mic. for tenor, baritone, bass clarinet, never worked for bass cabinets for me, kik, floor tom, top snare (nice shape), I dunno, I never used them as overheads or for hihat, am I missing something?
Old 26th February 2003
Lives for gear

...dis is gonna be one of dem lonnngg threads.....ya sure dis aint 'bev'>>>?
Old 26th February 2003
urumita

finesse.
Old 26th February 2003
Here for the gear

I don't know what to say about the comadore...I had an amiga once because my dad said I could make video games with it and it rocked my world. But I never figured it out for sound. As for your A/D question that means how you get analog (warm) sound to be computer (digital) sound you can work with for sound and band production. I meant old D-12 not new but new for me. As for the bass drum sound I just mean I want you to feel like you can change your life for the better and move closer to things that are pure and seek refuge from god's wrath in his mercy.
Old 26th February 2003
Gear Maniac

what's wrong with the commadore 64? I strapped a couple of 192's to mine. It rocks!!!! Just bought a 3630, I hear it's one of the best compressors around. I'm going to try it on my new realistic brand overheads. The realistics sound great on my Crate Blue Voodoo full stack and my Kramer reverse neck guitar.(ofcourse I modded it with lacesensors for that HEAVY sound)
How come when I rest my metronome on my kick drum it comes thru on all of my mics. I know realistic makes outstanding mics, but are they maybe too hot? Or maybe it's my Behringers, sometimes quality is just a burden ya know dfegad
Old 26th February 2003
Lives for gear

Hey, no need to beat up on Jaime just because he/she is a christian.
Old 26th February 2003
Here for the gear

Thanks BattleAngel for comming to my rescue (btw, I am not christian). You seem to know a lot about gear...do you know much about "the big L" (meaning love)?
Old 26th February 2003
Gear Maniac

no beating up. Just some harmless humor. Didn't mean to be beat on you Jamie. You've now been innitiated!!

How does it feel to be a slut(gearslut that is)

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear