The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bussing Analog from Digital...
Old 23rd February 2003
Gear Nut

Bussing Analog from Digital...

I know that there are plenty of threads on lots of lists regarding the 2-buss issue (esp. with ProTools). One thing that I haven't been able to ascertain from all of this is, "what are you bussing out to?"

For example, if I have 8 channels of drums and want to mix them down to a submix of 2 channels, do you send the 8 channels out through, let's say, the Dangerous 2-buss (or something similar) and then back through the converter to two channels in the session?

For those of us that are staying "in the box" for what we do but are considering investing in some additional hardware to get a more "analog" feel, is this what you do?

Some of you have talked about using the FATSO Jr. and the Cranesong HEDD to get that sound. Are you using them on the whole mix out to tape or are you submixing back into a session and then to tape (or to digital format).

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 23rd February 2003
One with big hooves

I think the whole point of something like the D2B is to send everything out to it and sum it back to the DAW or other 2-track format. If you send just the drums back to mix with everything else I'd think the latency would be horrible and the overall benefit wouldn't be that great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search