The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Price on used mix+?
Old 17th February 2003
Lives for gear

Price on used mix+?

Ive been checking off and on for awhile, waiting for prices to drop. Anyone know how much they are going for on the used market now? I basically need a rock solid PT system that I can add a bunch of I/O to.

BTW can you get a plain mix system running really reliably? I could totally afford a mix refurb with an adat bridge tommorrow. Is it worth it, or should I hold out long enough to afford a used mix+? I dont need to run a ton of plugs, just a rock solid system that I could run 30-40 tracks max. Thanks.
Old 17th February 2003
Lives for gear

A freind ask me the same thing. Like Erik said.
The stock 192 convertors in the HD range are better then what was available in mix systems, so you have to add a good ADDA and a clock straight away. Even the 96 io I think are better then the 888's
You have 96/192 compatibility for furture.
There will start being HD only plugs soon, so you could get left behind.
More processing power at 48/44.1k

Although I said what is going to make the $$'s in the next few years for you. There are still a lot of ADAT studios around.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search