The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
true systems mic-pre
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

true systems mic-pre

Hey there all ..hows it goin?..well its getting close to the date we'll begin actually startin our project...thank gawd...I'm at the moment rounding up gear pieces for the basic tracks and wondered if anyone had any experiences with the 'true systems mic pre' model p2 analog? i want to use it on overheads and acoustic guitars,which will be small condensers in an x-y...this pre has a phase correlation sensor and seems like the thing for the job...i'm just gonna demo it for now but would like any opinions....the 'other' gear would include amek/neve 9098's with eq and an avalon747...peace to ya ........
Old 15th February 2003
It's a pretty good preamp. Very clean. In the clean camp I prefer the Great River MP-2 and the Origin Preamp with the Tranny on the input, both have a serious amount of depth and a 'solid' construction.
Old 15th February 2003
Gear Maniac

I like the true Systems mic pres with my TLM 170's.
They sound great with Schoeps mics too.
Old 16th February 2003
Lives for gear

Thanx fellow 'slutz for your replys...nathan i dont have access to a great river pre so i gots ta do whut i gots ta do....my question being would it work well on the overheads and acoustic guitar as i have it planned...both will be stereo tracks ..the overs with your standard X-Y array and the guitar in what ever sounds right...i thought that with that phase correlation thing on this unit that it would take some of the guesswork out of it for me, and i am looking for a non-invasive kinda tone....thanx again...there will also(probably) be a pair of 9098's with eq available and a 747...any thoughts on these two pieces....i dont get a lot of work with higher end gear...but i could get used to it quickly!
Old 16th February 2003
The P2 should work fine on overheads and acoustic guitar, it's a clean neutral preamp, so if that's what you are after it will provide it well. I often find that the same preamp is interchange on those two sources in particular, so you should be fine there too. Let us know how it works out for you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search