The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Speaker amp ?
Old 9th February 2003
Lives for gear

Speaker amp ?

Hello

For the moment I have to choose between 3 old amps for my monitor speakers.

1. = old Sansui 400 watts

2. = old Stanford 450 watts A&B switch

3. = old Face Linear 400 Watts

Which one should I use for best performance Or should I use none of them and buy something else?
Any suggestions?
Old 9th February 2003
Lives for gear

Sorry I didn’t mention that,

I use a pair of Tannoy Reveal's for close monitoring with the
Ps110B active subwoofer also Tannoy And a pair of B&W 110 for hi-fi reference. Al on the Sansui. Somebody gave me the Face linear as a payment but I have not used it yet. And the stanford is in the closet, i did a lot of dj'ng with it even with a bottle champaine in it , it kept playing!!!
This I use in my living room set-up. But can change in the near future I have to move everything to the room I’m still working on.
It also can happen I will have to buy another set of monitors since I will have no more speakers in my living room. Dam! rollz
Back to the cassette radio!

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

well, the 'flame linear' is the best sounding..fullest range for the wattage but make damn sure you fuse anything downstream from its outputs as they have a tendency to burn up speakers ...but they do have beautiful tone and are quite remarkable in their power range.....
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks for the help ill go with the face linear i guess.

I'm just wondering do you guys use hi pass on the subb or all pass? I already blew up the safety fuse on the sub in all pass mode !!!

by the way is it Face linear or Flame linear ?, i didnt seen the f***r yet , they bring it to me this week. one thing i now is that it was used in a studio for a long time. hope it stil works ok.

if i have any confusion il let you know , thanks again
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ProFool

I already blew up the safety fuse on the sub in all pass mode !!!

Just bought a new fuse and put it in the sub, turned on the powerswitch and whoom i blew it again!

Went back to the store and they told me i blew up the amp as well! The only thing i did was connecting the sub like i should & send a low volume signal to it and whoom !!! Dam

The pithy is iv bought the sub a year and a half ago & never used it since my studio wasn't ready. So i lost the guaranty on it as well!
One year for the amp and five years for the speakers.
Not my day i guess !!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search