The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tips for reducing neighbour's dog barking?
Old 10th February 2003
urumita

One of the hardest decisions in life is to be ethical, especially when those around you are not.
Depending on exactly what type of people these are, you can base your judgement of whether or not you can reason with them. It sounds as if it might not be a choice.
The law is supposed to protect law abiding citizens from those who who are not, we all know how well this works. I wouldn't visiblely lead a neighborhood crusade against those who will take retribution at an unknown time, while having tons of witnesses who say they were somewhere else etc...
So, have you complained yet? If not, do so anonimously, see if something happens.
Animal issues: I have two friends who live in the same very small medieval village, a composer who has a very docile dog and an artist who has a rambunctious scoundrel chicken eater and trespasser, however, it's a very nice dog.
The artist's dog one day growls the composer's dog into a corner and the composer calls the animal squad and they take away the dog and put it to sleep. The artist, very civilised man, swears that he will never be friends with the composer again, even though they live 150 feet from each other.
These are 2 educated rational men, the dog that was destroyed may have been truly dangerous but its owner couldn't see that through his love for the dog. Now these 2 don't speak to each other, before this happened they had a good friendly eat dinner at each others house walk in the woods with the dogs and the kids relationship. Feud.
If these two spoiled a relationship over a dog, think about someone you don't even want to know, who's probably not such a nice guy in the first place, might want to do. I wouldn't even let them know that there was a studio in the neighborhood, are they thieves? etc... You'll need the SAS's help before you're through.
Your right is to complain and remain anonymous as long as there is no crime involved. Otherwise I would sus it out well before I took any other kind of action.
More soundproofing?
Old 10th February 2003
Lives for gear

OK, say I get a dog wistle... and blow on it when he becomse iratating, will that help cure the dog? [/B][/QUOTE]

A thin biscuit box with small rocks in wil help you to shut up the dog. Just shake a couple times when he or she is barking.
I had the same problem with my neighbour’s German shepherd, when you shout or bark out here you’ve got a whole note delay.
So every once in a while I had to shake the thin box.
Its a trick I learned from a vet, but it better works with puppy's and dogs growing up. When they start screwing up the house and furniture.
Never tried it on my girlfriend, anyway sometimes iv better should. Kiting of course.

Anyone has a similar problem with cows?
Iv build my studio in the garden and after the work was almost done I found out that I still could softly here my 5th neighbour in the row his cows!!! Im thinking of putting an extra brick wall around my place a take of the roof again for some extra isolation.
Seems fun again !!!
Old 10th February 2003
Gear Guru

I had to move...sucked...2 dogs fighting all day long...this growling and snarling and blood curdling sound all day along...I tried playing with them and feeding them...they were like animals...all they did was eat, fight, ****, and BARK...

New place now and the dogs next door are starting to get older and louder...

I am thinking about the dogs head hat...

But more about dogs head hats' owners head soup...

People with dogs and babies are oblivious to the general public and numb to the sound of there own animals and children out of sheer survival instinct...

There they go now , the wining has begun and it is so distracting...

Jules, I will split a case of pellets and benadryl with you...maybe we can get a bulk discount if we can get enough people in on this...

But i have to be careful the insane woman nexts door is watching me and I think she would like me to be the poolboy or something...

I would do it but she is in her 90's and has a bit of a belly for her age....you know how it is.....

peace john
Old 11th February 2003
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Funniest thread I've read here so far...
And now for the solution!

If the dog's owner will put a collar on the dog that shoots out citronella every time the dog barks (on the dog that is) that's
close to 100% effective. It's harmless to the dog, whereas the
"electric shock" collars have sometimes destroyed a dog's vocal
chords. They run over $100 US though, can these people afford one, or would the neighborly "gift" route work better?

Either way, this should solve the problem-take it from someone
with a cute little Westie Terrier with a BIG mouth!

Chris
Old 12th February 2003
urumita

no! that **** won't work! Call John Sayers and have him send you a few straw mats, build up some new sealed interiors and some finestrations (triple) and lose some squre meters. OR you can off the owners of the dog and the animal protection society will come for the dog, in the meantime you can torch the old facility. All in the name of gear.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search