The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The analog section of the Eventide Harmonizer
Old 5th February 2003
Gear Addict

The analog section of the Eventide Harmonizer

I'm sure a lot of you read the profile of Dave Derr of Empirical Labs in the current Tape Op. It briefly passes over his participation in the Eventide H-3000 and some of its descendents. Now, something clicked when I saw that, because I remember in an interview they did w/ Ani Difranco thinking she had discovered something cool in distorting the inputs, and then being ticked off when her engineer/husband found an entry in Brian Eno's diary ("A Year with Swollen Appendices") about doing the same thing first.

So, has anyone messed with abusing the analog section? I read some online review of an Eventide harmonizer that had "Eno" presets and the distortions being unsatisfying, maybe because they were doing it in the digital domain. Maybe an interesting way to get new life out of an aging box. Since they are going cheap enough used, this interests the hell out of the scrounger in me.

Bear
Old 6th February 2003
Gear Addict

<bump> rollz

This has gotten a few reads. Has anyone who owns the boxes tried distorting the inputs since reading this?

Bear
Old 6th February 2003
Lives for gear

I read it.
seems interesting. I have an H3000.
I'll **** with it when I get the time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search