The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what used two inch to look for?
Old 4th March 2003
One with big hooves

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
If there are other caveats please jump in and tell me....if the sonics of the MX80 would cause the would be new "two inch " guys to turn their noses up I'd like to know that as well. Otherwise I doubt we'd be making any headway by making the investment. ) BTW the price would be around 6k.
$6K seems high to me. I've seen MTR-90MkII's going for about that and even less but I'm not sure what kind of shape they're in. If it's more then $4K I'd probably wait and find another deck. **** man, that Jeep is sitting out here in Stillwater at $3800. Add a few bills for shipping and maybe another $600 or so for a tech on your end to fix the minor problems and you'll have a nice solid machine for under $6K. Or, don't buy it because I'm trying to talk the guy into chopping it up so I can nab the power supply's and various other bits for my beast.

Now, regarding the JH-16's and 24's and all that. Those are two different vintage's of decks. The JH-24 was introduced in 80 or 81 and came in both 16 and 24 tracks. The JH-16 was mid to late 70's and was also either a 16 or 24 track. Every MCI product started with a JH, then the model number, then the number of tracks. The real model number for either deck would be a JH-16-24 or a JH-24-24. The JH-16-24 being a JH, model 16, 24 track. A JH-16-16 would be a 16 track, etc. I think this is also on the Blevins audio site.
📝 Reply