The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
what used two inch to look for? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 4th March 2003
One with big hooves

Quote:
Originally posted by cajonezzz
If there are other caveats please jump in and tell me....if the sonics of the MX80 would cause the would be new "two inch " guys to turn their noses up I'd like to know that as well. Otherwise I doubt we'd be making any headway by making the investment. ) BTW the price would be around 6k.
$6K seems high to me. I've seen MTR-90MkII's going for about that and even less but I'm not sure what kind of shape they're in. If it's more then $4K I'd probably wait and find another deck. **** man, that Jeep is sitting out here in Stillwater at $3800. Add a few bills for shipping and maybe another $600 or so for a tech on your end to fix the minor problems and you'll have a nice solid machine for under $6K. Or, don't buy it because I'm trying to talk the guy into chopping it up so I can nab the power supply's and various other bits for my beast.

Now, regarding the JH-16's and 24's and all that. Those are two different vintage's of decks. The JH-24 was introduced in 80 or 81 and came in both 16 and 24 tracks. The JH-16 was mid to late 70's and was also either a 16 or 24 track. Every MCI product started with a JH, then the model number, then the number of tracks. The real model number for either deck would be a JH-16-24 or a JH-24-24. The JH-16-24 being a JH, model 16, 24 track. A JH-16-16 would be a 16 track, etc. I think this is also on the Blevins audio site.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search