The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Using an RME HDSPE AES with a Lynx Aurora 16
Old 29th July 2008
Gear Nut

Using an RME HDSPE AES with a Lynx Aurora 16

Does anyone here have experience with using an RME HDSPE AES with a Lynx Aurora 16? I'm curious if it works properly and performs well as compared to using a Lynx AES16e with the Aurora.

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th July 2008
As both are simply AES/EBU i/o cards for your PCIe based DAW, they will both serve the same functions. I am not familiar with direct use on the RME side but I can tell you that the Lynx AES16e is wonderful, with very low latency specs and rock solid stability. I believe RME's software routing may be a little more flexible but as much as people discuss the details of both RME and Lynx's offerings in this regard, very few have a need for it these days due to the low latency these cards offer. Most of the time, monitoring straight through your DAW of choice so that you can integrate reverb, etc. during tracking is the preferred method.
Old 29th October 2008
Here for the gear
Um, I'd like to second the emotion:
anyone with hands-on experience of this combination?
Especially in an Intel Mac?
Issues? Caveats? Tips?
Old 29th October 2008
Lives for gear

The rme drivers are more stabile and use less cpu in my experience,the routing is way way better on the rme.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search