The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manley EQ - Mastering Edition Question...
Old 24th January 2005
Gear Maniac

Manley EQ - Mastering Edition Question...

Hey Guys & Gals-

Question(s):

I recently "inherited" a Manley EQ very similar to looking to their Pultec (same settings, bands, etc.). However, on the front it's labeled "Mastering Pultec Equalizer" - or something very similar, I don't remember off hand.

After scanning Manley's site, I haven't been able to find any information and/or pictures of this puppy. My assumption is that it's a "Mastering Version" of the EQP-1A. Does anybody have this unit? Anybody have any information they might be able to impart that can solve it's mystery? If it is a version of their regular EQP-1A, how is it different? Since I'm not a mastering engineer and I only have one channel, has anybody used it for other things than mastering?

Thanks in advance!

Tuna
Old 24th January 2005
Gear Maniac

Ok, just read the PDF manual for the Manley Pultec off their website and it made reference to a mastering version that was adjustable in .5 db increments instead of a sweeping adjust. Sounds to me like I'm heading down the road of answering my own question.

HOWEVER,

There are no XLR in/outs on this thing - only 1/4". Don't know if they're balanced or unbalanced.

Anyone?

I may be responding to myself, but hey, at least I'm not talking to myself!!!

TUNA
Old 24th January 2005
Gear Addict

lend it to me ... i'll figure out what it can be used for ... " I know what a MANLEY is !!!"
Old 24th January 2005
Gear Maniac

Again, typing to myself...

I think no XLR inputs/outputs on my unit mean's it's transformerless... which is certainly different from the 3 transformers that the normal Manley Enhaced Pultec has...
Old 24th January 2005
Lives for gear

i don't know if this is a good idea for you since it is "inherited"... but how about you give the manley folks a call?
about a week or two ago i called them and talked to a couple of very helpfull fellows over there, and lemme tell ya, when it comes to asking questions i have an extra mouth!
they were not only patient but really informative, i learned a lot.

peace!

FM

FM will take the job but only if you let him paint the town red.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search