The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Al Smart summing/console? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 11th May 2003
Lives for gear

any news on that purple audio piece? or any other modular line mixers not mentioned above?

i agree that i hope designers don't forget about us folks still doing analog. please not just another D2B design.
Old 12th January 2004
how about a....?

What about a 6 or 8 channel 10U(ish) rack unit (a la Tl Audio Tubetracker) with mic/line ( maybe a coupla Hi-Z inputs) EQ & Compression on each channel. Individual outputs (for tracking purposes) A StereoBuss with 4 extra O/P's & a Surround Buss with DTS etc A/D encoding....? ( oh yeah and for under £5000??!!!)
Old 13th January 2004
Lives for gear

I am still considering the phoenix and the new speck mixers tho neither is actually shipping to my knowledge. I think there is a market for the next step up from a soundcraft ghost. Make it look like a board but remove the EQ and some of the aux's. I would like a 16 channnel board with inserts and 4 aux sends/channel. I want a couple of returns with pan. Busses would be nice but not crucial. Inserts are a must for both the channels and main bus. 2 track returns are nice and a monitoring section with a few outs to feed headphones. Need not be all discrete but should have some trannies and maybe a class A summing bus. Finally, why not add a switch to remove the faders from the signal. We can use them when we track but take them out for final mix so recall will be closer each time through.

Basically, Ive described the Daking board, but I think this needs to come in at $8k, $10k max. My business would sell our ghost in a heartbeat if buying the Daking didnt mean $25k to start looking.

People will buy this type of product. The ghost is a popular board because its a little more than the mackie and it sounds better. I would love to upgrade from there.
Frost

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search