The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
do it yourself upgrade for ghost
Old 28th January 2003
Lives for gear

do it yourself upgrade for ghost

The time is coming soon for us to begin our album project...we're going to spend aslittle as possible and it will be self-produced and recorded...the mastering will be done at a mastring house...my question is this...Does anyone have information on cheap and simple upgrades for the ghost?I've heard there are some caps that can be replaced and some(possibly)ic's or what-not and the performance is nearly doubled or better...i've been unable to dig up the exact info and thought i'd ask here....I dont have a problem with the product we'll be able to make as-is but if there was something easy and cheap, we have the technology to solder quite well around here....thanx.....
Old 28th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

There is a way to replace something-or-others with Burr Brown something-or-others. I think it was a chip on the mic pre (ic?), because it was said to make them sound silky as opposed to somewhat cold, dry, and thin like they are now.

I'll pm you an old email addy (don't know if it still works) of a guy who I bought some stuff from. He offered to upgrade my Ghost for $150 a channel. Didn't seem worth the price, and he might not tell you what you want to know since he charges for it but it's worth a try.
Old 29th January 2003
One with big hooves

Check the google archives of rec.audio.pro. I know modding the Ghost has come up there a few times.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search