The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
a gearslutz collaboration...
Old 27th January 2003
Here for the gear

a gearslutz collaboration...

a little bit of self promotion... yuktyy

about 2 years in the making, the latest release by my band the Rosemary Pure is finally done.

this was tracked by me (the weakest link in the whole process) to PT in the home basement studio. mixed by Jay Kahrs (out of PT into his Trident) and mastered by Brad Blackwood at Ardent Studios. Both Jay and Brad did an excellent job - the disc sounds much better because of their involvement in the project!

if anyone would like a copy feel free to email me or send me a PM. cost is $10 for GS members - no shipping (even if you live in far off lands). i'm looking to get paypal working for purchases via the web site by the end of the week. if you want to purchase a copy directly from me that's cool too (although I understand that some folks might not be comfortable sending a check made payable to me. i promise i won't run off with your money)

some mp3s are available here

i'm open to any criticism on the disc if you get a copy and care to comment.

thanks,

- neil
Attached Thumbnails
a gearslutz collaboration...-trp0103_small_cvr.jpg  
Old 29th January 2003
Lives for gear

How dare you mix the HiHat in the Right speaker!!!tut

Of course I'm just kidding...

I like it a lot... reminds me of a band I used to love back in the 80s... 2 girl vocalists... can't quite seem to remember what they were called, but for some reason "Mary" is stuck in my head... any help here? I have a GREAT memory... it's just really short!
Old 29th January 2003
Here for the gear

for those of you a bit short on cash I offer the following...

go here and get the $20 that you have coming to you as a result of the CD price fixing class action settlement.

you'll then have $10 to get one of my CDs and $10 for whatever you want. heh

(or you could keep the whole $20 to yourself )

- neil
Old 31st January 2003
One with big hooves

Quote:
Originally posted by Kris
How dare you mix the HiHat in the Right speaker!!!tut

Of course I'm just kidding...
Uh... your speakers might be reversed on that one. It should be on the left or maybe left-ish since there was no hat mic. Although... I did mix a bunch of songs before Neil reminded me that Chip has the floor tom on the left side of the kit on the other side of the hat. Oops. ****. At least I got it right on the last one or two songs I mixed. lol Hey, nobody noticed it on any of the songs before that and I think it would've gone totally undetected if I hadn't mentioned to Neil that "for some reason there was a TON of hi-hat bleed in the floor tom track". Damn. Now it's almost as funny as the night I left his house, missed a turn (which was maybe a 1/2 mile away) and turned a 40 minute drive into about an hour and 20.

Anyway, I got my copy in the mail today and the packaging is great, way better then the picture looks on-line. And hey, it sounds pretty good to in my biased opinion. So yeah, buy a copy and feel free to heckle me and make fun of my use of 'verbs, compression and 456 abuse. I mean, you SHOULD buy a copy... after all Neil was the winner of Jay Crouch's best basement studio contest or whatever it was.

And before I shut up I'll say one last thing. The CD release party is on Friday Febuary 7th at Maxwells in Hoboken. The show starts at 9pm (I think they're going at 10, maybe Neil can confrim that rumor) and the bands that night are; Darby Jones, The RPure, the Blakes and "the Method & Result". I've seen the Blakes before and I did FOH for Darby Jones once. Highly recommened. It's 18+ and there's a cover of something... I dunno how much. But they also have good food at Maxwells. I'm planning on being there unless I get a gig so you can feel free to heckle me in person over a drink.

Ok, end of plug.

BTW Neil, nice link. I want my $2!!! Oh wait... uh yeah.. I guess that's about right after inflation.
Old 8th February 2003
Lives for gear

"dont change the story"

sounds good even on my crappy speakers i have hooked up to the pc . the vocals are a little low , gets better at the last chorus ( but mp3 may be the problem ) . good job

and yes , the hihat is loud , but thats cool somehow heh

i like the idea of the collabaoration
Old 9th February 2003
One with big hooves

Well, I was at the release party last night and Neil said that nobody from GS bought a copy. Sad man, I figured that with about 300 views someone would've bought at least one copy. Ah well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search