The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Had s good session yesterday
Old 24th January 2003
Lives for gear
Had s good session yesterday

Yes, one with a live band! Vocal, Bass (player playing akai sample), Piano (EMU Bosendorfer sample), Electric guitar into the new Pod XT, Acoustic rhythm guitar, and a small kit. We did 3 songs by the end of day (inc vocals). Here,s how I setup (over 2 late nights!).
Kick - D12 API 3124 - Littlelabs phase adjuster - GML eq - A. Smart Comp -Pro Tools HD 192 (24bit/44.1)
Snare over -414 TL11 - API - GML eq - A. Smart comp
Snare under - SM57 - GML pre - 192
Hi Hat - AKG 300b - GML pre -192
Overheads - Soundfield mic - 192

Electric Guitar - Pod XT - Focusrite ISA 110 (stereo) - 192
Acoustic Guitar - Rode Classic - MTS A - Range pre/eq
Vocal - AKG 535 - GML pre - EAR 660 ( I also tried a AT 40333 but no thanks).
That's about it. I also recorded the AKG 300b talkback mic which helps the kit. Overall I was delighted with the sound. Well worth the extra time to setup. Now I have to edit the vocals evileye .

DW
Old 24th January 2003
Re: Had s good session yesterday

Quote:
Originally posted by Daire Winston
Yes, one with a live band! Vocal, Bass (player playing akai sample), Piano (EMU Bosendorfer sample), Electric guitar into the new Pod XT, Acoustic rhythm guitar, and a small kit.
DW
Bass sample! EMU sample!! Pod XT!!!tut
I call that half a live band. heh
Old 24th January 2003
Lives for gear

Or, twice as much band as you hear on the radio these days....
Old 24th January 2003
Nice! LOL

Actually I was concentrating on my joke so hard I didn't notice the vocal chain....
GML/Ear660.
Shame about the POD but that is a verypersonal opinion.
Old 25th January 2003
Lives for gear
I'd rather a Pod then a bad amp! Anyway, half the the session guitar players here dont usually bring amps unless you insist. Actually, from what I heard, the Pod XT is a huge improvement on the old one...better sounds, fx and a really clean output. I took a DI onto a seperate track as well so we could experiment with reamping afterwards.
As it happened, the main reason the producer went with the sampled bass, was because one of the songs was in Db and he wanted to use the double bass. Some seem to think that it's tuning might be suspect:eek: I'm only the engineer, what would I knowrollz
Anyway, back to the vocal edit on a Saturday evening!!

Cheers,
DW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search