The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GMT time in London...
Old 18th January 2003
GMT time in London...

Hey everyone,

Steve tuning in...

If it's 4PM in London, my guess is that the GMT time for London would be 16:00:00.

Since the eastcoast of USA has a -5 GMT, I would trust, NYC GMT time would be 11:00:00.

Am I in the ball park as they say?
Old 18th January 2003
Gear Addict

I'm pretty sure that's right. Here in Chicago (CST), it'll be at 10:00am.
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

you got it steve...
no wait... I mean, it will be later.... ( just kidding!) See you there!
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

Greenwich is a place in London. Greenwich Mean Time is the time in London. Presumably NYC is US Atlantic time? which as you say is GMT-5. There is no GMT anywhere but along the line that runs south from Greenwich round the world. init
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Maniac

crazy english

thats kinda right but we have this strange wartime hangover we never changed coz we like it which is that during the summer months the clocks are put forward an hour ,,,or is it back 1 during winter ? mmpretty sure its+ 1 in the summer ..
so its only grenich time in grenich 6 months of the year ? make senses ? no nor to us but it keeps you on your toes ..

Old 20th January 2003
Gear Head

I didn't really know that it (not meaning GMT) was a leftover from the WWII, but it certainly is still able to fool most people. The clock is put one hour forward during summer time. Spring forward - fall back, that always helps me to remember how to set my watch.
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

actually , Daylight Savings Time ( that one hour ) was started do that farmers had an extra hour of sunlight when they needed it most.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear