The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for small console advice
Old 20th November 2004
Gear Nut

Looking for small console advice

Hi everyone & thanks for having me.

My current home studio setup is built around a 32ch Ghost. I have been toying on and off with the idea of making a much more portable setup that would still involve a small analog console. Last year when I was tossing this scenario around I was looking at maybe a Soundcraft Delta DX with a 10x4 configuration, but now I see Soundcraft has stopped making the Delta. SO, I was wondering if people had any ideas. I would likely be running an 002 + 2ch SPDIF for 10 channels, and I would like to have at least 4-bus capabilities. I still am not excited about mixing inside PT and would like to be able to bust out some separate channels for outboard prcessing. Is there anything a notch above a Mackie or Soundcraft Sprit these days - something that has at least a decent 2-buss? Modular? How about the Allen & Heath Mixwizard 14x4x2? Garbage?

Any input much appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Lash
Old 20th November 2004
Gear Addict

Hi Tony,
You could go with an older mixer if money isn't an issue- Studer or Neve would be my top two choices. If we're talking something a little less maybe the ATI 8x2, that thing looks pretty killer, but basic. Maybe your best choice would be a Midas. They sound stunningly good, and lots of routing options.

Aaron
Old 20th November 2004
Gear Nut

Thanks Aaron-

Yeah, unfortunately money IS an issue. The ATI was appealing because I'm a big API guy, but it was just too pricey.

The Midas Venice 160 does look functionally perfect, and in the right price range. You have used the Venice? I hadn't heard of them. Thanks for the tip.

Tony
Old 20th November 2004
Gear Addict

Never used a Midas personally, but I've heard very little bad about...very little. I would look in to it further.

Aaron
Old 21st November 2004
Here for the gear

Hi there....I've got a pristine Soundcraft Spirit Studio 16 ch-8 bus mixer w/ Cad fader- mute automation for sale for $1,000.00. Thought I'd give it a try....Henri

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search