The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody using Pyramix?
Old 4th January 2003
Lives for gear

Anybody using Pyramix?

Quote from the website http://www.merging.com/

""As an example of the immense processing power available in Pyramix, it has the capability to offer true record, editing and mixing capability in 32 bit floating point at 352.8 kHz operation. Pyramix is the only system in the world that can achieve this and therefore it is the only system capable of multi-track DSD/SACD recording, editing, mixing and mastering in 1 bit 2.8MHz DSD signals, and even in 5.1 surround sound. Whether it’s Multi-track music record/editing, Post-production for Film and Television, or CD, DVD, or SACD mastering, there is a configuration of Pyramix that will meet your specific needs."""

Today I had a call with my regular gear pimp and I asked him about the Motu 24 in/out ADA and we had a discussion about PT HD. He asked me, why don't you go with Pyramix?

My question to you, all the greatest and most experienced engineers of this very planet
Anybody out there using Pyramix? your opinion(s) please

Peace, Han
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

and i wonder the same thing...anyone?
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

check the price for a full blown Pyramix

Abbey Road got a system as far as I know.
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

Despite it's a PC based system, i'm very interested in it. Has some cool PT-killing features
Old 30th November 2004
Gear Maniac

The only place where I've seen Pyramix used is The Cutting Room, Stockholm, and they do mastering.

Spacey
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

Pyramix is primarily used in the Mastering and Post industries.... In both of those markets, it has pretty substantial use.

--Ben
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

it looks to me like you can build a daw with the cards and just get something like a apogee 16x for conversion and you have a daw that will blow all the rest away.

check it out here.

http://www.merging.com/
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

anyone know a website that has the prices for all the cards? cant find any prices for any of this stuff.
Old 30th November 2004
Lives for gear

Gotta call a dealer or Merging directly... They generally don't advertise prices... While cheaper than a PT HD rig, it is still a pretty pricey rig. Just the Mykerinos cards will run you close to $2K... When I looked into it a few years back (before I went Sequoia), the rigs started at about $7K or so for cards and software only. I don't know if those prices have changed recently.

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search