The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WESTLAKE BBSM 10
Old 24th December 2002
Here for the gear

WESTLAKE BBSM 10

WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE WESTLÄKE BBSM 10 ???
I MAYBY WHANT TO BUY THEM....
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

The few times I heard them I liked what I heard.
Old 27th December 2002
Lives for gear

They are fantastic monitors and I can't say enough good things about them - buy ! . If they are older, you'll probably want to replace the hf drivers, but that isn't too expensive to do and is worth it. Otherwise, very translateable, reliable and easy on your ears.
Old 2nd March 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_w View Post
They are fantastic monitors and I can't say enough good things about them - buy ! . If they are older, you'll probably want to replace the hf drivers, but that isn't too expensive to do and is worth it. Otherwise, very translateable, reliable and easy on your ears.
where can i buy used westlake speaker in UK or USA, U R expert in westlake market and i will appreciate if any pointer can lead me to get it.My email is [email protected]
Old 2nd March 2007
Lives for gear

I love them!
I've got a Bryston 4BSST with a 10" sub woofer.

I actually mix off of the Yamaha NS-10M Studio.
The Yamaha's are also powered by a Bryston.
Attached Thumbnails
WESTLAKE BBSM 10-studio-sideview.jpg  
Old 2nd March 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
I love them!
I've got a Bryston 4BSST with a 10" sub woofer.

I actually mix off of the Yamaha NS-10M Studio.
The Yamaha's are also powered by a Bryston.
I intend to set up a audio room with westlake speaker and bryston amp. My room size is est. 16 feetx24feet. what westlake/bryston should i select .
Old 2nd March 2007
Lives for gear

If you have crazy money:
BI-AMP it with a 4BSST on the bottom and a 3BSST on top.
Then get a Bag End as the sub woofer! AWESOME!
Old 2nd March 2007
Here for the gear

westlake speaker

Quote:
If you have crazy money:
BI-AMP it with a 4BSST on the bottom and a 3BSST on top.
Then get a Bag End as the sub woofer! AWESOME!
what westlake should i have bbsm 12 or 15? How about 14bsst for low and 4bsst for mid/high + bag end 18' ,then what preamp?
Old 2nd March 2007
Lives for gear

All of the Westlake's are great, just pick any one of them.

For technical info, just call Westlake.
Old 2nd March 2007
Here for the gear

LOOKING FOR WESTLAKE

Quote:
All of the Westlake's are great, just pick any one of them.

For technical info, just call Westlake.
TQ FOR YOUR ADVISE , WHERE CAN I FIND USED WESTLAKE AND BRYSTON IN LA
Old 2nd March 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm using BBSM-12's with BagEnd ELF-1 and 18" Subs.
No ?uestion as to how the low-end is going to sound that's for sure!
The drivers aren't cheap though
Old 12th April 2008
Here for the gear

I have an old pair of Westlake Audio BBSM 10's that I'm looking to get rid of. . . too big for my small control room. Not in LA though. . . Norcal. These things feel like they're over 100 lbs. ea.

Still thinking about keeping if I can pick up a bigger house on the market downswing, but it seems unlikely right now.
Old 13th April 2008
Lives for gear

I worked in a room with them years ago....KILLER. Now you got me thinking about buying a pair.
Old 13th April 2008
Gear Maniac

Got got me fired up as well :-D had a pair of Westlake 8's a few years ago and they sounded amazing !!!!! Now im missing them again ;-) Also sold my B&W matrix 801 series 3 :-(
Old 13th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunger View Post
I have an old pair of Westlake Audio BBSM 10's that I'm looking to get rid of. . . too big for my small control room. Not in LA though. . . Norcal. These things feel like they're over 100 lbs. ea.

Still thinking about keeping if I can pick up a bigger house on the market downswing, but it seems unlikely right now.
Very close, they are actually 98lbs. each. I used them for about 10 years. Great speakers. They are very accurate but not that wide of a sweet spot (which is fine). They want a lot of power. I used the Halfer 9505's with them and they were very happy together. The Brystons sound great with them as well. You'll want a sub because believe it or not they start to roll off pretty high (around 62Hz, down 3dB by the time you hit 35Hz if I recall correctly).

Anyway I remember paying 4 grand for them back in 1987 or so... not cheap but being a bass player it was like having the best rig in the control room!
Old 13th March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Very close, they are actually 98lbs. each. I used them for about 10 years. Great speakers. They are very accurate but not that wide of a sweet spot (which is fine). They want a lot of power. I used the Halfer 9505's with them and they were very happy together. The Brystons sound great with them as well. You'll want a sub because believe it or not they start to roll off pretty high (around 62Hz, down 3dB by the time you hit 35Hz if I recall correctly).

Anyway I remember paying 4 grand for them back in 1987 or so... not cheap but being a bass player it was like having the best rig in the control room!
Hello,

For sale the new type Westlake BBSM 10 and BBSM 5 with Bryston
B4 and B2.
Mail me at, [email protected]
Sorry have to sell my whole studio.
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Nut

Love my original version BBSM6's. Smooth, low-fatigue. They do use power, but my Bryston 4B does the trick.
Old 19th April 2013
Here for the gear

i need new woofer 10"for my bbsm10.... is it AUDAX or SEAS? correct model?
Old 19th April 2013
I have Westlake hr-7 that I happen to not enjoy. Any tips on making them better?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear