The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sony Dynamics are out....
Old 19th December 2002
Here for the gear

Sony Dynamics are out....

Just got the email notification from them that it's ready. Free osX upgrades too, it says.
Old 20th December 2002
Lives for gear

Downloading at the moment.
Been a bad Gearslut this month.
Calrec Dual EQ, API 3124+,Royer SF12 and trying a pair of Quested VS2108 over the weekend.... So much for saving
Old 20th December 2002
Lives for gear

Well Dave, why not?, it is your birthday!!

Happy Birthday!
Old 20th December 2002
Gear Addict

Any idea when these stinkin things are going to be available for RTAS under PT LE?
Old 20th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
Downloading at the moment.
Been a bad Gearslut this month.
Calrec Dual EQ, API 3124+,Royer SF12 and trying a pair of Quested VS2108 over the weekend.... So much for saving
How do you like those Quested's? I almost got a pair of 2108's a long time ago, but they were just out of reach pricewise. I really liked them.

Anywho, let us know what you hear and what you were listening to before!

Old 20th December 2002
I don't think they'll ever release a LE RTAS version... all the good dyn plugins are for TDM & RTAS/TDM systems...
Old 20th December 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
Well Dave, why not?, it is your birthday!!

Happy Birthday!
Oh thanks Renie.heh

Did not end up getting the Quested's this weekend as they are shut for two weeks over xmas. I will get them mid Jan.. Two weeks would off been a nice play, but did not push it. I am upgrading from a pair of V6's. Looking for something that translates well when clients listen, also something with detail.
Had a quick play with BM15's..was not overly impressed. No Adams in OZ, been waiting to try some PMC TB2's
Old 20th December 2002
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jeronimo
I don't think they'll ever release a LE RTAS version... all the good dyn plugins are for TDM & RTAS/TDM systems...
Well, people keep saying that they're in the works though. But no dates...
Old 20th December 2002
Here for the gear

All the plugins work in RTAS. The dynamics demo even works in RTAS (this is a first.!) What they are working on is an RTAS only version that would be priced a little less, but if you cant wait, they'll work as is.
Old 20th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
Did not end up getting the Quested's this weekend as they are shut for two weeks over xmas.
I think you can expect to be very impressed with the 2108's. I know they floored me. I heard things in recordings I was very familiar with that simply did not seem to be there before. Most notable some kind of pan moving shaker percussion sweeping into the downbeats on 1 in a Headhunters tune. Extreme detail. And I picked up on the strap moving on the drummer's pedals.
Old 21st December 2002
Gear Addict

i gotta tell ya, for those who can't afford the vs2108's, the f11a's blow the dynaudio's outta the water! i helped a friend get a pair a year ago for about $1900 (he does film scoring/composing), & we demoed them with film soundtracks, and that description you provided re hearing what you hadn't previously, holds true for these puppies. these are EASILY the best active monitors you can get for under $3000 (which is where you start to hit the good adam's). in fact, there's nothing i really LOVE in that range. this company just knows how to craft great monitors.

ml
Old 21st December 2002
Lives for gear

Back to the Sony, sounds cool. Pretty transparent.
The gate is pretty good.

Well Monitors should start new thread,, ahh well.
Was looking at US$3-4000 for monitors, you pay a lot for outboard so buy a good set.
Had a chance to get some Genelecs 1031's for around $1,500 used. Top end will probably kill me.
The Dynaudio BM15's sounded a little to Hi-fi for me. I do not know just did not seem to reach down to the bottom...
I prefered the V6's to the V8's so will not go back there.
PMC's TB2 with amp almost same as VS2108...
No Adams in OZ.
Will see if I can track down some ATC 16's as well.
There's some Passive Quested HQ210's for around US$2,000 used.. Would have to get a good amp and shit two 10" a little too big, although three way. Would like to try the VS3208's just around $5,000 over budget..
So I will pickup the VS2108's after new years and see if I like.
Getting someone to look over my acoustics Monday.. hmmm wonder how much...
Old 21st December 2002
I f you ask nicely, ADAM might ship you a pair to try and sell you them close to 'dealer price' (if there is no Oz dealer) - It makes sence for them to do this.

Ask Klaus, tell him I sent you..

You would have to pay up front + shipping costs & import tax & have to ship em back if you didnt like em.. But could be a great way to get some S2A's or S3A's.....

Old 21st December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by muddy
i gotta tell ya, for those who can't afford the vs2108's, the f11a's blow the dynaudio's outta the water!
I couldn't find any f11a's and my dealer couldn't either, but I wanted to audition them. Not that it matters for how they sound, buy they a look a little discouraging, kinda like Tannoy Reveals: all colorful and spingtime like. I want my monitors to look like evil machines. I ended up with JBL LSR 28P's which are great for loud rock and anything that's thumpy, but I will have to get some 2108's or 3208's one day. I have yet to hear ADAM stuff but there's no lack of glowing reports on them.
Old 21st December 2002
Gear Maniac

Back to the subject.....!

Downloaded the plugin today. Gotta say I kind of like it. You can smack the hell out of just about everything.....
I will stress it more tomorrow....rollz
Old 21st December 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by muddy
i gotta tell ya, for those who can't afford the vs2108's, the f11a's blow the dynaudio's outta the water! i helped a friend get a pair a year ago for about $1900 (he does film scoring/composing), & we demoed them with film soundtracks, and that description you provided re hearing what you hadn't previously, holds true for these puppies. these are EASILY the best active monitors you can get for under $3000 (which is where you start to hit the good adam's). in fact, there's nothing i really LOVE in that range. this company just knows how to craft great monitors.

ml
Hey Muddy this is a pretty radical statement.

Monitors is such a personal thing. I like Quested monitors, but the active 2108's are a dissapointment. They sound nothing like their passive cousins.

For under $3000 i would nominate:

1)Adam S3A($2200 at sweetwater)

2)ATC SCM20P or ATC 16-($2800)

3)Pro Ac Studio 100-($1800)

4)Spendor SA300-($1500)

All of these to me are were better sounding monitors than the Questeds. Now they don't all work great for all types of music(that's why you have different monitors), but they are nicely balanced overall.
Old 21st December 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Hey Muddy this is a pretty radical statement.

Monitors is such a personal thing. I like Quested monitors, but the active 2108's are a dissapointment. They sound nothing like their passive cousins.

For under $3000 i would nominate:

1)Adam S3A($2200 at sweetwater)

2)ATC SCM20P or ATC 16-($2800)

3)Pro Ac Studio 100-($1800)

4)Spendor SA300-($1500)

All of these to me are were better sounding monitors than the Questeds. Now they don't all work great for all types of music(that's why you have different monitors), but they are nicely balanced overall.
Sorry the ADAM S3A was a B stock on ebay. They are really $4400 for the pair. The S2A are $3500.

rollz
Old 22nd December 2002
Lives for gear

Loving the Sony DYN plugs!, no more flour!!!

This seems a pretty versatile compressor, the warmth function is pretty cool too. This is the one for me!

Stefan Nowak
Old 22nd December 2002
I might be wrong... but does the RTAS versions from TDM plugs work on LE systems????
Old 22nd December 2002
Lives for gear

Had a big play with the comp today. Not colored at all..
Lucky I have an assortment of colored pres.....
Or great when you want a transparent Comp, for you beta testers did you think the same... Or am I just not hitting it hard and squishing things...

Someone else has posted a VS2108 thread so I will move monitor stuff over there.
Thanks a lot Jules about the Adams. Although 5% import plus 10% GST charged on the frieght and monitors..Just like the good old UK now...
Old 11th March 2003
Here for the gear

ADAM monitors

Hello Jules and maybe others,

please note that sending speakers around was something we did in the very beginning of our company when there were no distributors around.

This situation has changed a lot, and I have to ask for your understanding that we send interested people to our partners now, that can be found on our www.adam-audo.com site.

Best regards

Klaus
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Sorry the ADAM S3A was a B stock on ebay. They are really $4400 for the pair. The S2A are $3500.
S2As sell for $2900 (US). The S2.5A is the one that sells for $3500.

If you want ADAMs for under $2000, that'd be the P11A .

dB
ADAM Audio USA
Old 13th March 2003
Hi Klaus & Dave!

Nice to see you guys on here!

Don't be strangers round here!

Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Nice to see you guys on here!

Don't be strangers round here!
Thank you kindly, brother Jules!

Hey, if I had known that Fletcher was gonna be there next week, I'd have joined you guys...I'm going to Copenhagen on the 19th before AES Amsterdam . A stopover in London a day earlier would've been no problem.

Are you going to be at AES?

dB
Old 14th March 2003
Dont thinks so..... sadly!yuktyy
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear