The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha 01v routing?
Old 9th September 2004
Gear Head

Yamaha 01v routing?

I want to play a click through one of my channels and either hear it through my headphones with the rest of the mix or through my monitor or both. I don't want the click to go to the main outs (FOH).

I need to go through the specific steps to really get it. I've been trying for hours and need to work on music.

Thanks,

B
Old 9th September 2004
Lives for gear

Gonna have issues with that...

Headphones play what is coming out the main outs. You could assign your omni outs to auxes and play out there to your monitors and unassign the click from the stereo buss.

You may consider running FOH off of Busses, then that frees up the Stereo buss for monitoring at the console and recording. Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way to solo up the aux masters and the buss masters on the O1V. You can on other boards, but the routing is pretty crappy on the O1V.

You could also get a seperate headphone amp and run everything through the buss, run your FOH through stereo, and send the Buss out to the omni outs and plug the headphone amp into that. If you get an amp with multiple inputs, then you could also plug your main out (or monitor out) into the amp and switch between sources.

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search