The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is there any reason why this isn't a 96k DAW controler from Heaven?
Old 19th December 2002
Is there any reason why this isn't a 96k DAW controler from Heaven?

http://www.euphonix.com/live/product...er01_Intro.htm

With mic pre's and converters as optional 'separates' - is this not the 96k DAW controller from Heaven?

Please someone tell me why it's not PERFECT for a 96k music studio before I lose my mind & wallet!!!

Old 19th December 2002
Lives for gear

Sure as hell is a purdy lil' thang... what's the price tag on that bestie?
Old 19th December 2002
Lives for gear

controller, or mixer/monitoring.. there is no way to have the EQ for instance control your PT plugs ( I suspect you already know that..) I looks great..

Anyone used it?
Old 19th December 2002
Re: Is there any reason why this isn't a 96k DAW controler from Heaven?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
http://www.euphonix.com/live/product...er01_Intro.htm

With mic pre's and converters as optional 'separates' - is this not the 96k DAW controller from Heaven?

Please someone tell me why it's not PERFECT for a 96k music studio before I lose my mind & wallet!!!

Jules,

Its just my opinion, but any console that's limited by a ceratin bandwith(in this case 96K), is very risky.

Guys here on the forum are already working at 192k, how would you monitor that on this console?

If i were looking at a new mixer/console I would be more inclined to lean over to the SSL 9000K(specifically designed for higher bandwith formats). Its also built to work seemlessly with PT.

I know its big investment, but its usefulness would last way longer than the Euphonix. Also if everything goes DSD, than we will need a whole new format for monitoring.

And lastly, if the music business goes belly up, than its easier to dump the SSL than the Euphonix. Have you seen all of the Oxfords that have been selling lately?

Not many.
Old 19th December 2002
Michael Wagener says it has no automation as of yet..

Good points re sample rates. & DSD..

Still, it looks cool IMHO..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search