The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
URS Channel Strip Pro.. good after the first hype?
Old 27th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing81 View Post
So ???

Just use it. If it works for you, fine, if not, also fine. i don't use CSP because it matches outboard, I use it because of what and how it does what it does. I couldn't care less about hardware emulation (or not).
So, if you happened to read my whole post, the problem isnt that it doesnt match the hardware (I just stated it since someone would expect it to), the problem is that it doesnt sound good. Especially when its supposed to emulate some great sounding outboard.
I'm not necessarily chasing perfect digital clones, but like I wrote, good digital shares that sweet sound with good gear.
Be a little more careful next time.
Old 27th July 2010
Lives for gear

my CSP TDM is collecting dust here.

In case someone is interested p.m. me for a great price !
Old 28th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steab View Post
So, if you happened to read my whole post, the problem isnt that it doesnt match the hardware (I just stated it since someone would expect it to) ...

Hmm. YOU read your whole post. Don't bang on about it being not the same as the hardware (which you perpetuate here with "someone would expect it to"), URS are giving a wrong impression etc. - and then complain when someone suggests that that's perhaps not the ideal criteria for making sound choices. You make a small introductory point about what you call "bad digital", but then for the rest of your post you're on your regular CSP-bashing, doesn't-match-the-hardware, look-I-have-the-test-results-to-prove-it bandwagon.

You don't like it. In fact, you've really got a grudge against it. Fine. But for me, the points you are trying to make are irrelevant as to whether I would use it (or any gear) or not.

Have a nice day.
Old 7th May 2012
Gear Head

I'm producing and recording music for 13 years and I've used everything out there, and I mean everything from UAD to waves to Sonalksis to Sonnox to T-Racks, Duende and many more.

CSP is the king for me.
It really has that weird analog behavier.
The input stage to me is the most important part and sometimes I use just the input stage on synths, drums, bass and more.
It defenetly gives that punch and densed and "real" mid range and highs.
It also works amazing on sources that were recorded on colorless outboard like the Apogee ensemble's preamps which I use.
Rarely use my UAD these days... Just My 2 cents.
Old 9th May 2012
Lives for gear

URS does not seem to really care anymore, its hard to see how releasing 64 bit version can take so much time...

Just had a chat with a pal working on a film music studio and also their CSPs seems to be collecting dust, very much thank for the lack of update.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search