The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JBL 4326Ps... weird
Old 16th May 2008
Here for the gear

JBL 4326Ps... weird

I came in this morning and went to listen to something on my JBL 4326Ps, but when I hit the power button they didn't come on. I went around the back and saw that they were actually getting power, and for some reason the Analog, AES, and ChB leds were all lit up. Pulling the power cables on both speakers fixed the problem, but I wonder what happened?
Old 16th May 2008
Lives for gear

I've got 4326's too. Never seen this problem before. How long have you had them?

DaveT
Old 16th May 2008
Here for the gear

I've had them about 9 months now. Never had any problem. And like I said, just pulled the power cables, put them back in and its been fine the rest of today.
Old 16th May 2008
Lives for gear

Humm... OK.

FWIW, mine are plugged into a rack mount A/C strip that I turn off when I'm not using the studio. Everything in my studio goes dark when I'm not there.
DaveT
Old 4th March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by minor7th View Post
I came in this morning and went to listen to something on my JBL 4326Ps, but when I hit the power button they didn't come on. I went around the back and saw that they were actually getting power, and for some reason the Analog, AES, and ChB leds were all lit up. Pulling the power cables on both speakers fixed the problem, but I wonder what happened?

I'm having this issue all the time lately. Did anyone ever figure it out?

*UPDATE*

Just looked it up in the manual - crap, it means the supply voltage level has dropped below minimum required voltage. "This should be corrected with the application of an exterior power conditioning device."

Can someone explain this to me? Does this mean I don't have enough power coming through on my wall outlets? Or that I can't use a power strip? Or that I need a "power conditioner" (I don't know what that is?)
Old 4th March 2011
Lives for gear

The EM-review mentions this issue:

Quote:
Tough but Sensitive

So with all these features, pristine sound, and an excellent price, what's not to like about the LSR4326P? The monitor does have one characteristic that may be a deal breaker for studio owners on tight budgets. It has a shutoff mechanism that disables all of its controls in the event that incoming power drops below 98 VAC. That means that if you live in an area where power fluctuates, even momentarily, and falls below that voltage, the monitor will shut down to prolong the life of its components.

In my case, several times a day I would look up to see one or both monitors shut down, even though the rear-panel LEDs would still be lit. The only way to get the monitor back online was to unplug and reinsert the power cables. The wiring in my studio, by the way, is only a couple of years old. None of my other studio gear, including two computers and multiple sets of powered monitors, has ever reacted to my studio's normal day-to-day power supply the way the LSR4326Ps did.

According to JBL, the simple solution is a power conditioner. The company says that very few complaints have come in regarding this issue, despite thousands of units in use. A power conditioner is a good investment in any case, and you may need to get one if you plan to use these monitors and your electric service is not rock solid.
Electronic Musician’s review of the JBL LSR4326P active monitor | Customize response to your studio with JBL LSR4326P

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search