The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"Microphone Converter Plugin"
Old 13th May 2008
Gear Nut

"Microphone Converter Plugin"

heh Microphone Converter Plugin

" I just bought a nuemann so i wanna get it off my computer to speed it up some
this is the cheapest you will find this plugin anywhere. you can convert any cheap microphone and get the sound of a nuemann, shure or any other high powered microphone. leave a number if interested serious inquiries only
thank you"

heh, maybe he should've just kept his old mic and saved the money if he's already got this magical plugin!
Old 13th May 2008
Lives for gear

i thought this was another joke. I'm still laughing, but now I'm realizing just how crazy a product like this is.

all the power too you if its doing the trick.
Old 13th May 2008
Lives for gear

My best guess is that the Mic Modeler just applies an EQ curve to the signal. They sample a mic to get it's EQ curve then put it in the program. What this app WON'T do is capture the original detail and transients that the more expensive mic does. So in effect you are still restricted by the quality of the mic you are using. Just think of the app as another EQ plugin and if it works for your song then great.
Old 13th May 2008
Gear Head

we can do that without even buying the plug in, just go to the webpage of the mic you want to "clone", look at it respose signal chart and input that info into your favorite grafic eq...

i´ve never seen this plugin, but i dont belive in it... best to buy the real mic! cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search