The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Low level hiss normal for Adam S2A tweeter?
Old 27th August 2004
Gear Head

Low level hiss normal for Adam S2A tweeter?

I'm currently evaluating a pair of Adam S2A monitors and have noticed some low level hiss coming from the tweeters when no signal is passing through them. This has been observed when all of the normal noise sources such as CRT monitors, etc. are off. All controls are flat with the exception of the input gain which is set to a notch below flat. Is this normal due to the electronics/tweeter design? It's something that's not noticable from normal listening position but as you get closer, it becomes appararent.

Thanks,

Todd.
Old 27th August 2004
Lives for gear

My S3-A hiss slightly, but it is barely noticable when you go further then half meter (~2 feet). They are connected directly to Apogee MiniDAC and thre is no difference where the volume knob is.
Old 27th August 2004
Gear Head

Thanks. I found the same thing wrt to volume changes not affecting the hiss level. Not a show stopper by any means. Just figured I check with other users.
Old 6th September 2004
Gear Head

I can hear a small amount of hiss from my S2-A's as well. Never bothered me, except to wonder about it like you did.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search