The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
POWER ADVICE ( clueless )
Old 13th December 2002
Lives for gear

POWER ADVICE ( clueless )

heres my problem :

i want to play f.ex. 2 amps the same time . EASY ???
sure , i did that a lot in the past and i had a custom electronic builded box for it which took care of the grounding problems .
it worked perfect . the box was builded by a friend and dissapeared to a unknown place . the friend is dead ( RIP ) .

if i am splitting now my signal with f.ex a stereo chorus and go f.ex 1st amp vox 2nd amp fender twin i get that big hum noise .
i know its a grounding problem . if i remove the ground of one amps power core its gone , but hey , i hate getting electric shocks by the guitarstrings . so thats no option heh

i talked to mr. fuller ( fulltone boxes ) who gave good advice .
he told me the unit i should get is about 5 bucks .
but hes from the US and he has to deal with 110 V AC 50 HZ.
over here ( germany ) we have 240 V DC 60 HZ . i have RESPECT in fact of electricity ( made my electric shock eperiences already ) .

anyone ive asked around here couldnt help . the best advice ended up to buy a box which was almost like 5000 U$$ ... LOLOL

maybe some of you european guys know how to do it . i miss that possibility a lot .

hit me , thx yall

Old 14th December 2002
Lives for gear

Old 14th December 2002
Lives for gear

nobody ???

it would be a pleasure if somebody could gimme a little help .
i was calling some studio owners lately , and ... they dont know how to do it as well ??? i called a backline company , and they didnt know , too ??? they try to tell me that i have problems with my electronic circuit in the studio ... ok , i´ll take any advice , brought my setup to some other places and ...

same stuff .

HELP !!!
Old 16th December 2002
Gear Nut

Hmmmmmm. Maybe you shud try one of them guitar splitter systems like the PCP or the Radial JD. I dont know if they make 'em for europe, though. The Radial isnt that expensive. Gimme a coupla weeks and I'll see if they make units that handle european power requirements. Or just go to their web site, get their email and ask 'em yerself. You can play about 7 amps at the same time with one of these boxes. Good luck, hope that helped.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search