The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite Red-5 Power Amp Repair Question
Old 22nd April 2008
Gear Head

Focusrite Red-5 Power Amp Repair Question

Has anyone gotten any repairs done on this? I took it to DBM Pro Audio here in NYC and they don't know what to do with it. Apparently Focusrite outsourced the build on this and can't give them any info about it and have discontinued it. Does anyone know where I can get this fixed or schematics...? Thanks!
Old 22nd April 2008
Gear Maniac

focusrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthaakp View Post
Has anyone gotten any repairs done on this? I took it to DBM Pro Audio here in NYC and they don't know what to do with it. Apparently Focusrite outsourced the build on this and can't give them any info about it and have discontinued it. Does anyone know where I can get this fixed or schematics...? Thanks!
Call the Focusrite service center in Canada

Département du service
Email : Gaétan Fournier
Tél : 1 (877) 526 5463
Tél : (514) 457 2555 ext. 249
Fax : 1 (800) 563 2591
Old 23rd April 2008
Gear Head

Thanks for the reply. So far I've been directed to a few people that don't want to touch this thing with a 10 foot pole! I've made a last ditch effort to Focusrite to give me the actual designer/builders info. If I make any headway, I'll post the info here for others in the future. Otherwise, if you own this piece and it breaks, your screwed.
Old 23rd April 2008
Gear nut

Red amp

Hi there,

I also have the same amp. Unfortunately you should contact CHORD in England who actually made these amps for FF.

They were around a hundred made. FF basically gave CHORD the stainless top and the red faceplates and asked them to put balanced ins instead of RCA's..

jf

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search