All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What do you prefer? 2 or 3 monitors or a big LCD screen
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagefright13 View Post
I only use 1 19" Samsung. I think it sounds better
That's funny dude.

I just went from a single 19" LCD to a dual 19" LCD. No big noticable difference yet in my workflow and the speed with which I mix. Thought having the mixer in on one screen and the timeline on the other would speed things up. However, even with a split mixer setup - I have to scroll the mixer window a lot. At least with one monitor - I new where everything was going to pop up. And, being huge on using my shortcut keys to get to the mixer window, transport, et al - it worked out quickly enough. No big.

What would really help is a controller. I just a DAW for automation mostly and send channels out to an API DSP rig.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatheredSerpent View Post
Freaky, looks like a huge book! And get that food out of there!! Making me hungry though..

Mattskull, yes you'll get little or no interference with an lcd screen as they're not magnetic.
Thanks, that's what I though, just wanted to be sure.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

a single 30'' screen is more than you will ever need. I've been to very nice studio here in the valley that had giant large room speakers and an HD system and a 30'' screen, and anything bigger or another screen would have been too much. There is no excuse to have another screen unless you are surfing the net or something else that would completely take away any skill, thought, or creativity out of the mixing process.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

I have a 22 inch monitor on a separate desk that is on the left wall at a 90 degree axis from the mixer.

I have 8 feet of mixer.

behind the mixer I have a stand which holds the nearfields and the rack gear in between them. Then I have bigs to the outside of the nearfields higher in standing position.

I do so much more quality work personally by avoiding plugins and mixing on a mixer.

If you have not ever went and broke out your stuff on a great big nice mixer before I reccomend it. The sounds are great and you wont miss your mouse in about a 2 days.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Stop with that all ready. I went after a Tascam M2600 that was going locally for 400 quid but I was too late

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search