The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone tried this limiter? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 7th December 2002
Gear nut

Anyone tried this limiter?

I just bought a D&R Stereo Limiter, never heard about it, but for $50, it`s worth a try.....I`ll have it in my hands in afew days

Anyone used one ?
Old 8th December 2002
Lives for gear

uh . . . $50 is way too much!
You MAY use it one day on something.
*smile*

Somehow I have some D&R pieces from that era laying around. . . . Gates and eqs. They are not hooked up. I remember that box you bought. I had a D&R console from the mid 80s . . . I think I had one of the few in the US at the time and those limiters were knocking around. I believe it's 1/2 rack space . . . you will probably need some Euro to American adapter plugs for the electric cable ends (actually, you are in Norway . . what am I saying?) . It's not REALLY stereo if my memory serves me right. It has tip / ring / sleeve connector to get 2 channels in and out. Again . . I could be wrong about that particular box that you bought.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 8th December 2002
Moderator emeritus

Assuming that it's the same circuitry as the dynamics cards in their consoles, I can only relay that when I bought my Cinemix, the rep suggested that I not waste the money...
Old 8th December 2002
Gear nut

Thanks guys, it may come in handy some day, recording Bavarian Cheesewistle or something heh

Amund
Old 8th December 2002
One with big hooves

I have this thing for really cheap, crappy compressors. I actually like my Alesis Microlimiter. I should drag that out and use it on my next project. I've gotten amazing cowbell and drum sounds with it.
Old 8th December 2002
Gear nut

Yeah, I have a DBX 166 that sometimes is just the right thing on certain sources.
On some clean guitars it`s just lovely, the way it grabs the tone and slams the treble,it can sometimes help "smooth" out a edgy sound.......

Amund
Old 8th December 2002
Gear addict

Yeah, be sure to fire it up no matter what! It might be just the thing to destroy something?! That's how people discovered what the: CBS Volumax, Sure Level-Lok & others could do.

Sammy....I had a D&R Daynor console in 1986. Did you ever see it? I can't remember.

Benjy
Old 9th December 2002
Lives for gear

I knew you had it Benj . . . the rep told me. I remember telling him that I knew you. I had a 2000 series. 60 inputs. I go back and listen to some of the mixes I did on that thing (when I REALLY didn't know what I was doing) and I am amazed at how good some of them sound. That little desk sounded really good to me for the music I was doing at the time. I had the same 1/2 inch Tascam that I had on 44th street.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search