The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Reverb is getting used mostly in Pop music today?
Old 19th March 2008
Lives for gear
What Reverb is getting used mostly in Pop music today?

So obviously reverb is getting used more and more subtle these days compared to even ten years ago. So I am wondering what reverb are the pros mostly using in mixes for today's billboard hot 100 songs. Are they using mostly otb or itb or both. Is the lexicon sound still alive or have things shifted over towards cleaner reverbs like TC and Eventide or even itb stuff and convolution reverb?
Old 19th March 2008
Lives for gear

I know a lot of guys up this way are still using the PCM 90's. Thats just from my experience though.

alexP
Old 19th March 2008
Lives for gear

I think in the same way synths nearly always sound better going line in over a digital version the hardware reverbs are still getting alot of love and no-one does it better than Lexicon.
Old 19th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
So obviously reverb is getting used more and more subtle these days compared to even ten years ago. So I am wondering what reverb are the pros mostly using in mixes for today's billboard hot 100 songs. Are they using mostly otb or itb or both. Is the lexicon sound still alive or have things shifted over towards cleaner reverbs like TC and Eventide or even itb stuff and convolution reverb?

Most Billboard hot 100 songs don't use much reverb per se.... It is done mostly with well timed delays.... You use several delays to sculpt a reverb and if you do it correctly you end up with a much clearer, but still effected and ambient sound.
Old 20th March 2008
Lives for gear

That´s a good question. I started realize that small amount of almost hidden delay will sound more "pop like" than reverb.
More than specific box and brands, I´m interesting in what type of reverb are people using and what kind of delay.
Old 20th March 2008
Lives for gear

I'd rather know what was used on the top three multi-platinum sellers, if I were interested in pop's reverb.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search