The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Revision to Toft ATB
Old 2nd March 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=alanhyatt;6048158]Sonically, there is really no difference. All upgrades that were done were were related to shipping issues. While we have done some nice improvements, they are pot related, fader and some balancing. These do not effect the sound.

If you are in a small room, you do not need balancing options unless you run long lengths of cables.

So I am wondering what counts as a long run of cable? I am looking at a used version 1 ATB16 and I would need to run a snake about 30 feet more or less. How long is too long with unbalanced lines? Exactly what problems arise from running the cables too long?
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=moonelf;6393372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
Sonically, there is really no difference. All upgrades that were done were were related to shipping issues. While we have done some nice improvements, they are pot related, fader and some balancing. These do not effect the sound.

If you are in a small room, you do not need balancing options unless you run long lengths of cables.

So I am wondering what counts as a long run of cable? I am looking at a used version 1 ATB16 and I would need to run a snake about 30 feet more or less. How long is too long with unbalanced lines? Exactly what problems arise from running the cables too long?

Anything over 100 feet will cause some level loss. At 30 feet or less, you have nothing to worry about.
Here for the gear

Thanks for the quick response Alan! thumbsup What an amazing resource we all have with Gearslutz, eh?
📝 Reply