The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problem with Mackie MDR Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd July 2004
Lives for gear

Problem with Mackie MDR

Please help me

I'm scared!! I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum section but since I see a few people with MDR's, I will go ahead. I have 2 MDR's and one of them today started to freeze. It freezed twice before it gave me a "error #34" and then would not locate the file I was using. Now it starts up it all looks good, but wont play anything.. and then say it can't find file. "error #34" thing. I called mackie tech support and the person told me to download the start up files from the net which I did, I would introduce disk #1 and it wont read it and gives me a "error 43" I'm scared as **** cause I have the final vocal tracks of 5 songs there and if I have to reformat the hard drive I will be in big trouble!!! The person in tech support told me he is pretty sure non of the files where lost, but I don't know what to think. Please some one have a clue of how to fix these problems ??? I thank you very much in advance!
Old 26th July 2004
Here for the gear

Have you tried posting over at the Mackie forum?

Try http://forums.mackie.com/scripts/for...?ubb=forum&f=2

The only other suggestions I can offer are more in the form o f questions.

1. Were you recording on the internal drive or an external drive? If it was on the external/removeable drive, you can get the files into a PC fairly easily using a Firewire or USB 2.0 external drive fitted with a Lian Li RH-58 drive bay (I get mine from www.directron.com).

2. If you were recording on the internal drive, then you are going to have to get the MDR to boot up somehow. This is where the guys on the Mackie forum can help you more than I can. The only time I've ever had my MDR freeze up was when the internal drive was full, but I've never had the error 34.

Good luck,
Darryl.....
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search