The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Secret Key Combination to turn a Roland SRV-330 in a SDE-330
Old 9th March 2008
Here for the gear

Secret Key Combination to turn a Roland SRV-330 in a SDE-330

I read a 5 yead old forum posting by Eric Persing of Spectrasonics, who was involved with the development of the Roland SRV-330 he stated that the developers put in a secret key combination that you sould use whilst switching on the SRV-330 to turn it int a SDE-330.

read here:

[OT] - Spectrum : SRV-330 questions - northernsounds.com

OT SRV3030 - Page 2 - northernsounds.com

Does anyone know what the secret 'SDE-330 cheat mode' is?

Is it similar to the secret menu they put into the SRV-2000 as discussed in this thread?
Roland SRV-2000 Undocumented hidden function!

Thanks In Advance to anyone who can help, if anyone knows Eric Persing, could you ask him?

Cheers Julian
Old 9th March 2008
Lives for gear

I have both the SRV-330 and SDE-330- that would be really cool to find that out. Anyone else have any ideas about this?
Old 9th March 2008
wow - wacky!

love both of those units.

they verb unit is a bit noisy, iirc, but awesome. it's been a while.
Old 9th March 2008
Gear Addict

Yes, it's true, it does work. I have a friend who knows the key combination, so I'll ask him. Basically, it's one of those "turn it off, hold these buttons, power up" combinations.
Old 9th March 2008
Lives for gear

Interesting. I'll be curious to see if it works the other way around as well - ie if it will turn an SDE-330 into an SRV-330. I have an SDE... on hand here. It's an excellent hardware unit for what it does - but it would be handy to have it impersonate an RV as well on occasions.

I look forward to hearing your friend's secret key sequence!
Old 9th March 2008
Gear Nut

SRV - 2000

Not sure about those two particular units, but:

On a Roland SRV - 2000, if you hold down the: write / rev. non lin / room simulate buttons all together and then turn the power on you will now have a very good digital delay unit.
Old 9th March 2008
Gear Nut

srv-330

I'd love to know this too. I just picked one up and sounds very good, especially for the price. If anybody knows how to restore all original sounds, that would be helpful too as I don't have a manual. It has 400 programs, and I think 300 are stock and 100 are rom. I'm not sure as i've only had it for a few days, now.
Old 9th March 2008
Lives for gear

FACTORY RESET: Power on while holding SYSTEM and PROGRAM. Use the DATA dial to select SYSTEM + PROGRAM. Press MEMORY.
Old 9th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnstile View Post
FACTORY RESET: Power on while holding SYSTEM and PROGRAM. Use the DATA dial to select SYSTEM + PROGRAM. Press MEMORY.
Same procedure as described on p53 of the SDE-330 manual (though I must say that in almost ten years of owning the SDE, I've yet to have occasion to perform a reset).
Old 10th March 2008
Gear Nut

srv

Thanks, worked like a charm.
Old 12th March 2008
Gear Nut

Anybody find that key combo yet?
Old 12th March 2008
Gear Head

I NEED IT!!!
Old 13th March 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnstile View Post
yeah but that doesn't turn it into the delay, it just resets the original factory programs
Old 13th March 2008
Lives for gear

I really want this code...c'mon cough it up!
Old 13th March 2008
Lives for gear

Bump?
Old 13th March 2008
Lives for gear

Sounds like an urban myth, but I would be stoked if this really worked!!
Old 17th April 2008
Here for the gear

I am waiting for that undocumented key combination, too...

Come on, PLEASE reveal it ! Consider that doing so is neither not allowed, nor is it any advantage for you, but you could make happy quite a few people.

Thanks !!!
Old 17th April 2008
Lives for gear

If this works its fantastic! I´ve always liked those units.

Does it work the other way around i.e sde330 -> srv330?
Old 17th April 2008
Lives for gear

This is SO tantalizing!!

Surely someone can spill the beans. Maybe someone can email Eric P?
Old 17th April 2008
Gear Addict

Chances are, if someone saw an SRV functioning as an SDE, it was because someone had put an SDE eprom inside the SRV. The eprom is the only difference in those units.
Old 18th April 2008
Lives for gear

That would be very cool. But kinda sounds like Mikey died eating pop rocks and soda at the same time...
Old 18th April 2008
Gear Addict

EP is a super busy chap, as you know, but I'll email him a link to this thread and see if he can weigh in.

I like my SRV-330 so much I bought a second one a few years ago... only to find out it squeals when the mix is set to 100% wet. No idea what's up. Any ideas?
Old 18th April 2008
Here for the gear

All Eprom burners, please read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKden View Post
Chances are, if someone saw an SRV functioning as an SDE, it was because someone had put an SDE eprom inside the SRV. The eprom is the only difference in those units.
R e a l l y ? ? ? ! ! ! ? ? ?

Possibly the same applies also to the SDX-330 Dimensional Space Chorus that has just the same front panel like the SRV-330 and the SDE-330.

This opens up even more possibilities for us. I have the SRV-330 with OS version 1.06, and I also have the necessary hardware to COPY EPROMS !!! hehhehhehhehheh

So any of you owning Eprom burning hardware (like me) and owning the SDX-330 or the SDE-330 could do what I am going to do: open up my unit (SRV-330), take out the Eprom, read it out and save the binary file. Then we could exchange the binary files by email between us and write the contents on new Eprom chips for ourselves and others who don't have the hardware and the knowledge to do it.

After that we would have "back-up Eproms" and, "just in case", the possibility to convert any of the units (probably also the SDX-330) in any of the other two types.
heh

So, first questions:

1) Who has an SDE-330 and who an SDX-330 ??

2) Who knows someone able to copy Eproms who is living "near your SDE-330 or SDX-330" ??

3) On a second thought, it's enough to READ the Eprom and send me the binary file. Then I could buy new Eproms of the correct type, fill them with the new content and post them if anyone is interested therein.

In any case, please don't forget to provide that secret key combination for the SRV-330. Maybe it actually powers up the unit as a fully working SDE-330. If the SDE-330 cannot switch to an SRV-330 this way, it could possibly be interesting for SDE-330 owners to replace their Eprom by an SRV-330 Eprom to get both possibilities. (Well, that's what I think).

el_greco
Old 18th April 2008
Lives for gear

Bump for code!!

Code for President!!

R
Old 18th April 2008
Old 18th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
Does it work the other way around i.e sde330 -> srv330?
Good question.
Or can you set the SRV-330 back to reverb with Reset?

Henk
Old 19th April 2008
Lives for gear

bump
Old 19th April 2008
Old 2nd May 2008
Lives for gear

Friday Bump
Old 12th May 2008
monday bump
📝 Reply